Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Absinthe from the Schnapps Musuem

18 Nov 2009 Carli said

Default_avatar
Hi all,
Just a quick note to let you know that you will not be able to bring ANY absinthe back to Australia from Vienna (made the mistake). Definitely buy some though, cause its delicious, but you will have to drink it while on your travels Smiler

Carli
  • 18 Nov 2009 Explorer1157621 said

Default_avatar

I brought some back with me?? No questions asked? I even declared it? It was from Vienna too.. haha.. i still have most of it left, we only pull it out at parties to see people reactions.. hahhahaha

• 22 Nov 2009 Cruisey said

Cruisey

Really? I bought some back as well. Did you have the certificate that came with it when you bought it?
    Strange.. I still have mine as well. Un opened lol

• 25 Nov 2009 Gold Coast_Kel said

Gold Coast_Kel

Same here, i was able to bring mine back too, i had the certificate. no problems bringing it back at all.

• 30 Nov 2009 TashD said

TashD

carli – which city in australia were you trying to bring it into??

• 1 Dec 2009 fleaguit said

Default_avatar

I don’t know what the rules are in Australia, but coming into America I got two bottles of it through customs. I simply declared 2 bottles of Liquor on my customs paperwork and nobody batted an eyelash. Had they searched me, I’m not sure what happened.

That said, I gave one bottle to a friend, and after 10 months, finally opened it the other night, wild times to be had with Mr. Fischers fun little creation.

• 17 Jan 2010 Nelson said

Nelson

Same here, got 2 bottles back into Australia no worries at all.

Still have most of it left because I only tend to bring it out for real big nights haha!

• 8 Feb 2010 Natalie said

Default_avatar

I posted my bottle back to Australia by post in London.

• 20 Oct 2010 Stace & Damo said

Default_avatar

The store guy sent 2 litres home for me to Aus and I got them fine, We also bought 2 litres in our suitcases and didnt get questioned about it.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.