Community_discussions_small  

Question

Sleeping bag size, and what else to bring??

24 May 2007 tara-grace asked

Default_avatar
Hey;

I'm a 19/f/BC, Canada and Im travelling solo. I have a regular size sleeping bag and I was wondering if that was ok or if I needed a smaller one? Also I was told that bringing toliet paper was a good idea? And I was just reading some other posts and should I also bring a packpack? I have a duffel bag/suitcase that fits the measurement requirements, but from souvineers and such should I bring a back pack? Thanks Smiler
  • 27 May 2007 shopbop88 said

Default_avatar

hey I went on a contiki last summer and your sleeping bag should be fine. It doesn’t have to be packed in your suitcase and don’t worry about it not fitting or having to include it when your suitcase is weighed. I wouldn’t necessarily bring a backpack. I had a shoulder bag which worked perfectly. Enough for me to carry some cash, my passport, camera and a travel size umbrella. Don’t want anything too heavy especially if your going in the summer cuz it gets pretty hot over there. hope that helps!

• 28 May 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

It doesn’t matter what size the sleeping bag is. You don’t need a backpack though they are handy as a bus bag. But you will want a littleish bag to hold stuff when you’re in the cities. You’ll usually find toilet paper, but it’s a good idea to either have some handy or just some tissues.

• 28 May 2007 said

Default_avatar

I am just curious, I am going on the European Discovery tour starting September 28, 2007, going solo as well, f/29/Ontario, Canada. I am glad I read your posting as I did not even know a sleeping bag would be necessary ! Is the bedding not included at the places I will be staying? Any tips would be helpful, this is my first time going away solo…..

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.