Community_discussions_small  

Question

European discovery march 2013

18 Jul 2012 Brittaneyhello asked

Brittaneyhello

Hi, just wondering if anyone else is going on the European discovery winter tour that leaves London on the 19th of march? :) I know it's a while away but I'm so excited and would like to chat with anyone else who's going!!

• 8 Dec 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Ok nice! I arrive in London on the 3rd of March and don’t leave until the 9th of April… Cannot wait to meet everyone, should be a killer trip!

• 8 Dec 2012 Mai23 said

Mai23

Hi Aaron. My best friend and I are flying one day early to London, but we are not staying after the tour. We wish we can! I have to go back to work that following week.

• 8 Dec 2012 NwBeg86 said

NwBeg86

I hear you Mai. I have to go back to work the next day after the tour. Jet lag is and the change of times is going to kill me, but its all worth it. Lucky you Aaron!!!

• 8 Dec 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Oh that sucks for you guys!!! Yeah im taking 6 weeks off work. I have family in London so spending time with them… Cannot wait! Counting down the days :D

• 8 Dec 2012 Kirsten said

Kirsten

We are doin few days in Dubai, few days london, St Pattys tour, then this one, then few days Paris :)

• 9 Dec 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Wow that sounds cool Kirsten! I’m doing a 2 night stopover in Dubai on my way to London! Cannot wait to meet everyone on this trip :)

• 9 Dec 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Oh wow that sounds amazing! I’m doing 2 nights in Dubai on the way over to London. Gonna be great :)

• 9 Dec 2012 Kirsten said

Kirsten

Yep all up four weeks for me! soooo keeeeeennnn :)

• 9 Dec 2012 Jena said

Jena

My friend and I fly out of London on April 3rd, so we get a few extra days after the tour.
    I’m doing the Italian Espresso tour, a few days in Spain, then meeting up with my friend for a St. Patty’s tour too before the this one. All in all, I’ll be doing 5 weeks over there. Cannot waaaaait!

• 9 Dec 2012 Ben said

Default_avatar

I’ll be in London for an extra day after the tour ends.

• 9 Dec 2012 Aaron said

Aaron

Wow sounds like everyone has got some great trips planned for their Europe adventures!! 100 days and counting until we all get to meet up :D

• 1 Jan 2013 Katherine said

Katherine

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Now the count down definitely begins! I can’t wait!!! Hope everyone had a great time ringing in 2013. :)
    P.S. I’m already gathering little things here and there for the trip and I have no idea what size luggage to bring, lol.
    2 wks is long time for me since i’m used to going away for 1 week at a time. People say hotels in Europe are generally small so keep it simple….Suggestions?

• 1 Jan 2013 NwBeg86 said

NwBeg86

Happy new year Kat and everyone in this tour. May your 2013 be filled with blessings and health!
    Ps: Kat i heard that some hotels have laundry services but not 100% sure, and i believe they want you to have a suite case no bigger than 28 inches due to the space on the bus.

• 1 Jan 2013 Sune said

Sune

Hey everybody!!
    Happy new year from South Africa!! With such awesome plans for March, i know 2013 is going to be amazing!!!
    About the bags, there is a limit of 20kg per person, but i am not sure about the size!! Please let me know if anybody knows?
    We finally bought our flight tickets!! Flying to London via Dubai on 15 March so we will have a couple of days in England before the tour starts! Flying back directly after the tour on the 30th, hope we make it to the airport on time!
    We are planning to apply for visas within the next two weeks! Hope everybodys planning and preparations for our Contiki goes smoothly!
    Cheers!

• 1 Jan 2013 Katherine said

Katherine

Eudy & Sune, thank you! The info is really helpful. It’s funny because I had gotten a 28 inch bag but it looked small so I returned it, lol. But actually other 28 inch bags looked bigger so that should be more than enough.
    Sune, my friend Mai and I will be flying in a day early and staying in the same hotel where we are all supposed to meet (The Imperial) just in case we bump into each other. :) Our flight would be arriving at 9am so not sure what time we’d get to the hotel. We are wondering what to do once we get there so hopefully we get there at a decent time enough to catch a bus to sight see. Let me know of any ideas.
    Happy packing everyone!

• 14 Jan 2013 Ewi_Scholtz said

Ewi_Scholtz

Heyy guys! I just booked my trip a week ago, and after reading all off your comments I realy cant wait for the 19th! Only 2 months to go :-D Im flying into London a day earlier and staying an extra day in London after the tour to do some sightseeing, and to go party in Camden!
    Are you guys also staying at the Royal National Hotel in London?
    P.S Im glad to see I have 2 fellow South Africans on the tour ;)

Shots!

• 14 Jan 2013 Aaron said

Aaron

Hey buddy! Welcome aboard :) Im not staying at the hotel will just meet everyone on the morning we depart London as I am staying with family in London! Should be a great trip, not long to go as u said

• 15 Jan 2013 Ewi_Scholtz said

Ewi_Scholtz

Thanx man Aaron! It sure is gonna be a GREAT trip ;)

• 17 Jan 2013 Mai23 said

Mai23

Hey Ewi! Welcome! My friend and I are also flying in a day early and staying at the Royal National Hotel (Imperial) in London, but we are not staying after the tour unfortunately. Very excited for this trip. Can’t wait!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion