Community_discussions_small  

Question

Should I go to Australia?

18 Jul 2012 RikkiLee1987 asked

RikkiLee1987

I'm not sure whether to go to Australia or not next year, the flight is putting me off. What do you guys think?

• 18 Jul 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

what kind of question is that?! Of course you should go to Australia! After meeting all these Aussies on my contiki tour, I plan on heading there in 2 years (hopefully)

• 25 Jul 2012 jess1506 said

jess1506

Of course!

If the length of the flight is what is so daunting, you can make it up of two or even three flights so each is not insanely long. That way you could fly, say, to Singapore on the first leg, stay a night or two there, and then continue on to Aus. This breaks it up a bit.

The airline you choose to fly with can make a big difference between whether or not your flight is bearable too. I’d recommend going on one with your own TV screen so you can entertain yourself with your own choices. Also keep in mind that airlines from certain countries are more inclined to offer their traditional food. While they usually offer a ‘western’ choice too, they may only give you one other option. For example, I flew Royal Brunei and they offered me ‘chicken masala’ for breakfast!

The flight might not be great, but Australia is, so I definately think you should visit.

• 3 Aug 2012 RiRi13 said

RiRi13

Hello!! I’m Australian and yes you should visit!! Great people, Great places to see and such a beautiful culture. and as for prices!! it’s so expensive for us to fly to other countries because were so far away from most countries!! i’m planning a trip to USA and Europe and thats soo expensive… but your only live once!!

• 29 Oct 2012 D0ll said

D0ll

Australia rules! You won’t regret it

• 15 Nov 2012 steefen said

Default_avatar

Australia is one of the best place for traveling purpose. If you want to travel from London to Adelaide(Australia). Dearflight provide a good option compare than other.

For more detail about Adelaide flight

http://www.dearflight.co.uk/cheap-flights/london-lon/adelaide-adl.aspx

• 26 Nov 2012 Lucindaartha said

Default_avatar

If your occupation is only on the SOL and not on the Critical Skills List (CSL), you will have to wait until at least the end of 2012 (and probably longer) before your application is even looked at.

continue reading this

• 26 Nov 2012 Chrissy92 said

Chrissy92

Hey, I know how daunting the flight can be, flying anywhere from Australia is a really long flight so we don’t have much choice haha. In saying that, I’ve lived here all my life, and travelled around all of it growing up and I would say it has some of the most beautiful places in the world, all so close together! In comparison to Europe, it hasn’t got much in the sense of ‘culture’ or history, as we are a relatively new country, but we have amazing natural wonders and so much of our country is still relatively ‘untouched’ which I find makes it much prettier.
    My list of must see Australian places:
    1. Great Barrier Reef (it’s a no-brainer) stay for at least a few nights
    2. Fraser Island- if you get a chance to tour it at the end of a contiki tour, definately do it as I think contiki only does 1 or 2 days there, and you could easily spend a week on the island itself. While you’re here see Indian Head, Lake McKenzie and the west side of the island, which is pretty much a beautiful deserted beach.
    3. The Great Ocean Road, which is along the bottom of Australia from sort of MElbourne to Adelaide along the coast. Here you can see the 12 apostles and the most amazing cliffs and coastline ever!
    4. Western Australia, south of Perth- beautiful beaches again. Most tours will take you to Broome which is northern Western Australia but I found south of Peth is the prettiest
    5. Uluru/alice springs- hard to get to but well worth it
    6. Kakadu National Park
    7. Canarvan Gorge for beautiful mountains and waterfalls
    8. Melbourne or Sydney, Melbourne is probably the most ‘cultural’ of all Australian cities and has good shopping but I personally prefer Sydney and the ‘sites’ within it like the harbor bridge and opera house
    9. Gold Coast, not amazing for scenery or culture but while you’re here it has great theme parks and surf
    Hope this helps!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.