Community_discussions_small  

Question

Aussie Explorer starting in Darwin January 2013

19 Jul 2012 MadisenK asked

MadisenK

Hello! Just curious if anyone is going on this this trip! would love to talk with fellow travelers :)

• 25 Oct 2012 Vivien said

Default_avatar

Yeah i’m pretty sure Davorah is right (: Aww sweet, i’ll be in Syndey for two extra nights and then i’m heading to Hong kong for a bit. So we have to try and meet up again before everyone jets off!

• 11 Nov 2012 Adele_89 said

Adele_89

Hi Guys! I’ve just booked this trip too :) Going solo! I’m doing Thai Island Hopper West just before and am definitely interested in doing NZ and Fiji after Oz! We should all try meet up before the trip starts/stay at the same hotel the night before :) Looking forward to meeting you all!

• 11 Nov 2012 Issy said

Issy

Davorah- yep I’m doing a tour in New Zealand too :)
    Hi Adele? I’m gathering from your name that’s right? Haha. Should definitely do NZ and Fiji! Just like me haha. Did you book through STA travel? Or another company?
    Pretty sure we’re all/nearly all of us staying at the same hotel? The mirambeena travelodge cause that’s where the tour starts from! Looking forward to meeting you :)

• 11 Nov 2012 Adele_89 said

Adele_89

Hi Issy! Yeh my name is Adele :) Have just booked through the Contiki website. Need to sort my flights out, but I am going to do that through a travel agent because I need to go from Manchester to Phuket to Sydney to Darwin so it is all a bit complicated and I would rather leave it to the experts to sort for me :) Have you already booked your NZ and Fiji tours or are you doing that when you get there? Thanks for the heads up about the hotel, I will make sure I book myself into that one when I arrive in Darwin which I am guessing will be around the 21st/22nd Jan. What kind of VISA have you got for Oz? Tourist or Working?

• 11 Nov 2012 Issy said

Issy

Ah ok. Yeah I’ve already booked my other tours, when I get back home I can have a look at them and let you know hitch ones they are? Add me on fb if you want might make it a little easier rather that clogging up here haha. Issy Wilton-Steer if you want to :). For flights have a look on STA travel. They do student and under 26 flight so discounted. And my round the world ticket including stop overs wasn’t too bad in price :). Ah that’s exactly hen I’m arriving, so it’d be good to meet before the tour starts! I just got a tourist one. Cheaper an I don’t plan on working!

• 11 Nov 2012 davorah said

davorah

Issy which New Zealand tour are you doing? is it with contiki as well or another company? Yes we all shall meet at the hotel before the tour starts and wonder around Darwin exploring the city. I am so excited for this trip!!

• 11 Nov 2012 Issy said

Issy

I’m doing the grand kiwi northbound. No I think it’s with another company but not sure. Booked it all through a travel company STA travel. Think it’s be a good idea! I’m there for the day before I think :). It’s coming round super quickly! Looking forward to it though

• 7 Dec 2012 Adele_89 said

Adele_89

What are everyone’s plans after the trip? I’m staying in Oz for just over a month with no definite plans as of yet. Would like to go to Melbourne at some point :)

• 14 Dec 2012 Vivien said

Default_avatar

Not long now guys! So excited (:

• 19 Dec 2012 Vivien said

Default_avatar

Has anyone received their itinerary and stuff yet? Also, see with the optional activities do we have to pay for them before the tour or when we are on it? (:

• 31 Dec 2012 MadisenK said

MadisenK

Getting SO stoked… I get in the 22nd in Darwin and will be staying at the travel lodge i believe…. and no :( havent got my documents yet… and i think we pay when we are there for the optional things

• 3 Jan 2013 Vivien said

Default_avatar

same :D ah I see, I’m staying in some hostel near by but i’m sure it will be fine. Ah right maybe you will get them soon. There are soo many optional things i want to do hahah! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.