Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best way to travel the UK?

19 Jul 2012 Kelsey Ogilvie asked

Kelsey Ogilvie

Next year I'm heading over to Europe, and I am doing a Contiki around mainland Europe. I was thinking of doing one in the UK as well, but wanted to get opinions on others ways of doing the UK? Like whether people have selfbooked, and was it easier/better, or would a Contiki be a better option? thanks heaps for any advice!!

• 29 Nov 2012 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

Top Deck would be the other way to do the UK part.I went there with Insight when I was 33 and a Half June 2011 so almost eighteen months ago but wouldn’t recommend that as an option unless you are practically approaching 35 or are wishing to be one of those people who wants to see the sights but hardly except for a few evenings options they offer doesn’t get out much in the evenings.If You have the confidence to do Buy a Rail Pass to get to the places you wish to do and See If there are any local bus operators to get you to those out of the way spots that can’t be done otherwise.Don’t consider renting a car not even as an option.

• 29 Nov 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Personally I’d plan a tour of the UK by myself as I don’t really think Contiki’s UK tours are that great because they look pretty rushed.

• 30 Nov 2012 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

There’s a company called Haggis Adventures that deals with the UK but it’s more of a budget orientated short trips here and there plan.As I mentioned I did my UK trip with Insight and got a lot out of it.Not as Rushed as Contiki but also not too long.In the end it comes down to you.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.