Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Comment

Internet Cafes

25 Jun 2007 cal062 said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone, <BR><BR>Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how much the internet cafes cost around Europe. Also is it a timed thing- how much time do you get for your money. <BR><BR>Thanks a bunch <BR><BR>Caleigh
  • Read the responses 4 responses so far
  • 25 Jun 2007 Sarah Smiles said

Default_avatar

Hi Caleigh,
    It depends where you go. Most of the ones I went to were timed. Some of them you buy something like a prepaid phone card with a certain amount of minutes and a code to log on, some, you walk in and they assign you a computer and you pay when you leave based on how many minutes you used. There are even some that you can drop coins into or swipe your credit card. I think that all of the ones I used had a timed, per minute fee. For the ones that you pre-pay, sometimes people would go in on say a 15 minute card together and three people would each use 5 minutes, for example.
    If you just want to log on and send a few quick emails or check your bank balance then I think it only cost me a couple Euros here and there.
    Happy Travels
    Sarah

• 25 Jun 2007 LorneB said

LorneB

Most cafe’s outside of the hotel’s are 2 euro an hour.

• 29 Jun 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

I agree with Sarah, every place seems to be doing it slightly differently. I used coins at one place, another place you bought pre-pay cards. But most places are by 15, 30 or 60 minutes. I don’t remember the prices, but as a general rule they are more expensive at hotels then the places on the street. 2 euro sounds about right, but it will vary depending on where you are.

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions