Community_discussions_small  

Question

Back to Back Tours.. Yes or No?

20 Jul 2012 Coolie_Joolie asked

Coolie_Joolie

I'm looking to do 25 Day European Escapade then the 16 day Great Britain and Ireland in May-June 2013. All up it will be 41 days give a few for time in between. Do you think think this would be a rather long tour considering it's my first time travelling and away from home? And if I were to do these, which one would you do first?

• 20 Jul 2012 RachelNZ said

RachelNZ

hi, im looking at doing the big chill 46days and then the 16 day UK and ireland, next june/july/august 2013, so it will be along time as well and the question does pop up in my mind, but when you’ve dreamed planned and saved for 5 years and travelling from NZ to get there, do it, you only live once!! im super excited about it and can’t wait to get to the travel agent and sort out dates!!! just take it day by day, and see the beauty of it all :)

I have only been overseas once in 2008 and did USA contiki, the northern and southern adventures was way 10 weeks in total, absolute awesomeness, if you have the oppurtunity to travel then do it!

thats my passionate part of it anyway!! have fun :)

• 20 Jul 2012 amber said

amber

I say go for it. You’re flying to the other side of the world so you may as well stay for a while! Good luck packing!

• 7 Nov 2012 Darcie Lynn said

Darcie Lynn

I was thinking about doing both as well back to back but desided to do European Escapade May 8th-Jun1 2013!! and next year do Great Britain Ireland & Scotland:)..because of my job im not able to take more than 30 days or I would have done it all. But if you can do it go for it!

• 7 Nov 2012 Coolie_Joolie said

Coolie_Joolie

I decided I would have to split it, I wasn’t going to be able to get off work for that long. It would have been great to, though!

• 8 Nov 2012 2b said

Default_avatar

i m also doing a back to back tour but for 11 day and 4 days in between then i go on my next tour which is 8 days.
    things to consider when you want to do the back to back which i did from another counpany
    1 HOW FAR AWAY FROM HOME
    2 WILL YOU BE SHOPPING IF SO YOU DON,T WANT TO BE CARRY BIG LAUAGGE ALL OVER THE PLACE
    3WILL YOU BE TAKING A FEW DAYS OFF BEFORE YOUR NEXT TRIP WHICH I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO FROM THE EXCITMENT FROM THE FIRST TRIP .
    FOR TRIP THIS LONG I WILL SAY TAKE A BIG BREAK BEFORE GOING TO THE NEXT ONE

• 10 Nov 2012 lizzie said

lizzie

Hi I did the big chill in 2010 and then went on travelling by myself afterwards and I wish I had a few days down time to recharge before heading off I think go for itit is a long distance to travel there and you will have an amazing time but if possible have a few days down time to sleep recover and rest a little before starting again. Enjoy your holiday

• 6 Feb 2013 alekza =) said

alekza =)

This is exactly what I’m gonna do ;D In between jobs =)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion