Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY July 22nd 2013

20 Jul 2012 beckystarss asked

beckystarss

Hi,
I know its really early but me and 5 of my friends went and paid our deposit for this trip yesterday, so excited :)... Has anyone else booked this trip or thinking about doing it?

• 20 Jul 2012 Andy said

Andy

Hi,

I’m booked on this tour. I’m traveling solo and currently debating whether to add the 3 day la explorer before the tour starts

• 21 Jul 2012 beckystarss said

beckystarss

Sweet, where are you coming from?
    What arer you planning on doing in LA?
    we are going to LA and San Diego before the trip

• 21 Jul 2012 Andy said

Andy

I live near Birmingham in England.
    I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to be doing in LA but I was there for a couple of days last year and went to Universal Studios but I’d like to see a bit more this time. I was told LA was a boring place but I enjoyed my time there last year but I think I’ll probably go back to Universal Studios as I loved the place.

• 9 Jan 2013 Rochelle said

Rochelle

Hi there, I’m currently debating whether to do this trip or the 13 day eastern?? I went on a European contiki last year and that was 19 days, other people I’ve spoken to think this trip is a bit too long. what do you guys think?? I’m also going solo, a little scared as its my first trip on my own!

• 9 Jan 2013 Andy said

Andy

I think it’s got to be what you think you will enjoy most. The way I look at it is you never know when you might get the chance to go again so I do it while I can. Are there places you really want to go to on the Grand Southern and not on the Eastern? I don’t think that this tour is too long as long as it’s something your going to enjoy and can get the time off to go. I wouldn’t worry about going alone either. I went on the Western Highlights in 2011 alone and had a great time and met some brilliant people and I’m doing this alone as well.

• 10 Jan 2013 Rochelle said

Rochelle

Thanks Andy, there really isn’t anywhere in particular I want to go. I can get as much time off work as I like, will probably be in the US for 9 weeks all up, just a matter of finding something to do while I’m there! Thinking this will be the best tour as I get to see more of the country! I hope more people join up! =]
    I will probably do this tour..getting a bit excited reading up on it!

• 11 Jan 2013 Doogie23 said

Doogie23

Hey guys ill prolly be on your tour, I booked the Southern Adventure which is the 1st half of the Grand Southern, that leaves on 22nd July, I did the 2nd half of the Grand Southern last year they call it the Eastern Discovery…. I’m gonna be in San Diego with a few mates before the tour starts and getting to LA on the 21st it’ll be my birthday in Vegas so I’m hoping you all make it a big night…. I’ll be finishing up in New Orleans on this tour but still have time after that in the US may join you guys in Orlando when u are there to go to Universal Studios again I liked it better than the LA one and Disney World in Orlando is much better than the LA one too. I may just use the spare time I have in New York or LA though… Most people find LA boring as it is so spread out and takes a long time to get anywhere without a car, NY u can subway or walk it to most places easy I personally love LA but NY is much easier to get around in for those of you trying to work out where to spend a few extra days… Anyway look forward to meeting you all in July :)

• 16 Jan 2013 Peter said

Default_avatar

Hi. My girlfriend and I have booked this tour too. We will be staying in LA for a couple of days before it also

• 17 Jan 2013 SallyB said

Default_avatar

Myself and 2 friends are now booked on this tour too! Though we’re doing the Southern Adventure, so we finish up in New Orleans. We’re arriving in LA on the 18th.

• 30 Jan 2013 Tim said

Tim

Hey guys,
    Im coming on this trip and just finished paying it off the other day :). I know its still ages away but im so excited already. I fly into LA on the 20th and have no plans atm… Anyone got any ideas?

• 31 Jan 2013 Tara said

Tara

Hi, I’m booked on this tour and traveling solo :)

• 31 Jan 2013 Jas said

Jas

You will not regret this tour! I went on it in May of last year, and I soon as I came back I booked the Grand Northern. :)

• 31 Jan 2013 Tim said

Tim

I am also travelling by myself, i think its the best way to do these tours…

• 2 Feb 2013 Hayley01 said

Hayley01

Hey guys im also thinking about doing this tour, jut not 100% sure yet :-)

• 12 Feb 2013 TheChall said

TheChall

So me and my best friend have just booked this tour it is safe to say we are so stoked!!! 157 days never looked so far away , has anyone here done a previous Contiki tour before?

• 12 Feb 2013 TheChall said

TheChall

Hey Guys , just booked this trip with my best mate safe to say we are stoked!! , 157 days never seemed so far away !

Just wondering if anyone has any previous experience doing a Contiki tour?

• 17 Feb 2013 Rochelle said

Rochelle

Hey guys, I’ve finally booked this tour! I’m from Broome, W.A. I did a European Contiki last year, it was great fun!! It’s good to see more people are signing up. Can’t wait till July!!!

• 18 Feb 2013 SallyB said

Default_avatar

Pretty exciting to see a few of us on here! 5 more months until my friends and I fly to LA :-)

I’ve never done a contiki tour, but I did a Topdeck tour around Europe a few years ago, it was a blast.

• 18 Feb 2013 beckystarss said

beckystarss

I can’t wait to meet you all. It can’t come fast enough

• 25 Feb 2013 Tim said

Tim

Where is everyone from? Anyone getting to LA early? i fly in on the 20th and have two days there before the tour starts if anyone wants to do any sightseeing/partying in…

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.