Community_discussions_small  

Question

Packing tips for Australia in January 2013

20 Jul 2012 MadisenK asked

MadisenK

Hello!! This is my first time traveling through Contiki to Australia, i was just curious on packing tips. What should i bring?? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

• 20 Jul 2012 Jazzwilson26 said

Jazzwilson26

Hey, i live in Australia, during January it does get pretty hot, it depends what places you are going too, but most defiantly bring your bathers the beaches are beautiful to swim in, singlets, shorts, and flip flops, but i suggest you bring a jacket and jeans because it does get pretty cold at night times on the coast. hope i helped in some ways enjoy your trip. Australia is a beautiful place to come too! if you have any more questions i would love too help

• 21 Jul 2012 MadisenK said

MadisenK

Thank you SO much!!! i live in southern California, our seasons are opposite, we are in our hot months right now. I am so excited to see Australia!! If i think if something else i will definitely ask you. Have a great day:)

• 21 Jul 2012 Jazzwilson26 said

Jazzwilson26

Your welcome! yeah they really are, like we are in our winter at the moment although it feels like summer some days haha! what tour are you going on?

• 22 Jul 2012 MadisenK said

MadisenK

I am going on the Aussie Explorer it’s the 28 day one!! So very excited :)

• 22 Jul 2012 MadisenK said

MadisenK

Our winters sounds the same! Doesn’t get too cold where I live. What part of Australia do you live in?

• 24 Jul 2012 GoodNightmares said

GoodNightmares

It will be hot. So definitely bring heaps of summer clothes, swimmers, hats and sunglasses. Our summers are known to reach up to 45C sometimes. That’s like 113 F. When it is 40C (104 F) and above it is usually a dry heat which is better the when it is muggy. But this is for Newcastle area, I don’t know where you are actually going.

• 25 Jul 2012 jess1506 said

jess1506

Thongs (or flip flops). If you don’t usually wear them much, then I suggest you break in a pair before you go, to avoid getting blisters while on your trip. A T-shirt/singlet and a skirt or shorts is the usual Contiki traveller attire during the day, and pack some nice summery dresses for dinners and night outtings.
    If you are a person who LOVES wearing high heels then by all means pack them for the more fancy dinners, but it’s perfectly ok to wear some nice sandals to most places.
    Our sun is a lot harsher than your California sun so I recommend a comfortable hat and some sunglasses too. However, you can easily buy them while you are over here too.

• 4 Oct 2012 Maddy said

Default_avatar

If you are going up North to the Great Barrier Reef it will be very hot! I live up that way and it was 32degrees last week. Buy Sunblock once you get here and a big floppy hat. Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer so stay protected! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion