Community_discussions_small  

Comment

The Grand Explorer Tour in NZ

30 May 2008 LittleTraveller said

Default_avatar
I'm planning on going on the Grand Explorer Tour next year in May. I'm just wondering, is it as great as it sounds? Cause it sounds incredible! And is the airfair to NZ included in the price?
-Me
  • 13 Jun 2008 LittleTraveller said

Default_avatar

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Thanks for your reply!

Thats really good to hear. I’ve put some SERIOUS thought into this trip and decided that if I can earn over $1000 by the end of this year I will be aloud to go. That doesn’t sound alot, but when you can only babysit, its alot! hah.

Thanks for the imfo about flights. I’ve decided that I’m going to talk to the airflight centre when I go to book my Contiki tour. I’m coming from Australia, near Sydney, so I’m guessing it shouldn’t cost more than $300. Which is good. Ouch,$3000. Thats huge. It didn’t even cost us $2500 to go to america when I was 13. I think I will book the flight myself. heh.

Thanks! I hope you can go back and do the trip you wanted to do someday!

-Me

• 13 Jun 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Hi, i’ve done a bit of travel to Sydney from Auckland this past year and the best price for a return flight was NZ$405 with Lan Chile. Have found booking flights online a bit cheaper than at a travel agents.

• 14 Jun 2008 LittleTraveller said

Default_avatar

Oh okay. Thanks heaps Pervy!

-Me

• 18 Oct 2008 sophc said

sophc

i did the grand explorer started in christchurch 22.8.08 finished in auckland 5.9.08 (did the bay of islands aswell) it was the best thing ive ever done! you wont be dissapointed! and if you get Karena as you tour manager and/or Amos as your driver your in for a fun trip!

• 19 Oct 2008 Explorer1096163 said

Default_avatar

I just did the Grand Explorer Chirstchurch 26h October and auckland 12th october with the bay of islands

This was the best decision i made I am a changed person for the better thanks to this tour

and if you get Karena as you tour manager and/or Amos as your driver your in for a fun trip!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion