Community_discussions_small  

Comment

20th June 2007- Darwin to Sydney

8 Feb 2007 Veggiegirl said

Default_avatar
I am going on the Aussie Explorer trip that starts in Darwin on 20th of June and ends in Sydney on 13th of July. Just curious if anyone out there is also considering this one.
  • 8 Feb 2007 stokerVB said

stokerVB

I am looking at the same trip!

• 22 Feb 2007 KayBee said

Default_avatar

Hey, I just booked that trip!! I’m so excited!!

• 27 Feb 2007 Veggiegirl said

Default_avatar

Is anyone going on this trip alone? I can’t seem to find anyone who is willing to go with me!! I just hope I’m not the only one by myself!

• 28 Feb 2007 stokerVB said

stokerVB

im going by myself. dont worry!

• 1 Mar 2007 KayBee said

Default_avatar

Hey, Im going on this trip alone as well… Both of my friends backed out on me… its still going to be awesome tho.

• 13 Mar 2007 Erin said

Default_avatar

My sister and I have had this trip booked since like last June! haha! I thought it would be hard to find people starting in Darwin instead of Sydney – but we’ll be there for sure!

We’ve had a countdown of days going since like September! haha!

• 14 Mar 2007 KayBee said

Default_avatar

Hey! what part of Canada are you guys from?

• 16 Mar 2007 Veggiegirl said

Default_avatar

I’m glad to see that some of you are going on this tour alone. It is going to be such a great time! I was wondering if any of you would be interested in doing the Sydney Scene tour once this tour ends.

• 23 Mar 2007 Erin said

Default_avatar

My sister and I are from the city of St. Catharines which is very southern Ontario (About 10 minutes away from Niagara Falls & about 1 hour away from Toronto!)

Where is everyone else from?

• 25 Mar 2007 amelia_pink said

Default_avatar

Hey, im doing the reefs and rainforest our from cairn to sydeny which finsihes on the 13th so think umay join up with our group if that how it works.
    Im going alone too! Is daunting but should be good fun!

xxx

• 26 Mar 2007 KayBee said

Default_avatar

I’m from Vancouver.. it has rained like 22 out of the past 26 days of this month.. I can’t wait to go away and have some nice weather!!

• 30 Mar 2007 Erin said

Default_avatar

I’ve always wanted to check out Vancouver – but I think it’s one of those things where you’re like … it’s in Canada – I’ll get there, but then it gets forgotten about because it’s in your country!

Has anybody done Australia yet? Or been on other Contiki tours?

I haven’t been on any other tours, and this will be my first time to Australia!!

• 6 Apr 2007 KayBee said

Default_avatar

this will also be my first contiki tour and my first time to australia. A couple of my friends have done a contiki tour not this one though, but they said their tour was awesome.

• 11 Apr 2007 Erin said

Default_avatar

Nice! I really can’t wait – almost nearing the 2 month mark! hehe!

Roughly speaking if people don’t mind sharing, how much have you roughly budgeted for the trip? Like how much are you expecting it to cost you?

My sister and I have very roughly estimated close to 10,000.00 each! But we also planned for a lot of extras, food, sovenirs, etc.

• 13 Apr 2007 KayBee said

Default_avatar

i bet this tour will cost me about 8,000… 6000 for the tour and about 2000 for extras… but im not big on buying souvenirs,,,, other then some food i think booze will really be the only thing i need to buy!! i think it might even cost me less… but i really have no idea.

• 14 Apr 2007 stokerVB said

stokerVB

do you really plan on bringing that much extra money? i hadnt even thought about that part!!!!

• 14 Apr 2007 Erin said

Default_avatar

Well money-wise I think you’re mostly going to only need money for any “extra excursions” that you want to do. I think my sister and I over-budgeted a bit … but that’s okay!

But my sister and I each budgeted about 1,500.00 for extra excursions – though we might not do them all, but at least the opportunity is there!

I guess my worry about everything is just going there and being limited at all in what I can do – my Dad sometimes tells me to slow down, but I’ll probably only be in Australia once in my life, so I’m making it worth it dammit! hehe!

I’m heading home from school this Tuesday, and my sister and I are heading to the bank Wednesday morning to take out our loans and put the full payment down for the trip! Then we finally get the finalized itinerary!

Anybody else payed in full yet?

• 14 Apr 2007 KayBee said

Default_avatar

it makes sense to bring more then you will need, like you said, if you want to do something then at least you have that option. And if you dont use it then to have money when you get home… i havent paid in full yet, i have to pay by may.. so ill probably wait until then.. is anyone else worried about how much clothes to bring? and are people using a suitcase or backpackin it?

• 10 May 2007 Wojtek_TO said

Wojtek_TO

I think $2000-2500 is a good amount for spending money [I did the tour in Feb/March]. With regards to cash, I would recommend just bringing a visa and a debit card. There is a bank machine on every corner. You will not have time to cash travelers cheques. I think that I spend about $1500 on the optionals and the rest was food, alcohol, souvenirs and alcohol.

• 10 May 2007 Erin said

Default_avatar

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been having sign-in troubles for some reason … but that’s all fixed now!

I’m definitely worried about how much clothes to bring. My mom keeps suggesting my sister and I get bigger luggage, but at the same time I don’t want to be lugging around some massive thing. So I would say I have pretty medium sized luggage, more on the smaller side I guess, and then possibly a carry on bag with that, and then mabye my backpack for day trips, etc. (it’s small).

Thanks for the info too Wojtek! My bank suggested that I up my VISA limit for the time being just incase of an emergency & my sister and I got an extra debit card to bring in case one gets eaten by a machine or de-magnatized, etc.

It’s getting close to being just a month away!! So exciting!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion