Community_discussions_small  

Comment

medical issues

23 Nov 2010 Explorer1216527 said

Default_avatar
hi there,im going on the european discovery now in december and my boyfriend has to find a doctor every week to clean his finger and rebandage it,how do i go about finding clinics or doctors that can do this while on tour?
  • 25 Nov 2010 Hayley said

Hayley

Do you have travel insurance? It’s likely that a doctor/clinic won’t do this for free so you’ll probably have to claim it (or pay out of pocket, depending on the cost).

The reason I’m asking is depending on your insurance provider, they may be able to recommend a clinic nearby. Otherwise, you can always ask your TM who might be able to point you in the right direction.

• 25 Nov 2010 Explorer1216527 said

Default_avatar

yea we do but as we from south africa we dont know if insurance will know any places overseas. thanks

• 25 Nov 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

Your TM should or the hotel should be able to point you in the direction of the nearest clinic. Keep all your receipts as you will need to submit them to your insurance company when you get home in order to be reimbursed.

One thing to consider though is that, if this is a pre-exisiting injury, your insurance may not cover you for it. With most companies you have to declare pre-existing or current injuries and then they’ll tell you if they’ll cover it or not.

Also, bear in mind that if you your has any one-night stops, you may not have time to find a clinic as sometimes you can get into the city quite late.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion