Community_discussions_small  

Question

THE ADVENTURER - 12 January 2013

24 Jul 2012 Don&Alli asked

Default_avatar

Hey peeps, a friend and I have booked this tour and want to know who else will be joining us?
We are pumped and can't wait for it to begin!

Let us know if you are considering or have booked this tour.

• 27 Jul 2012 tanita.vk said

tanita.vk

hey, ive booked this tour! where are you guys from? so excited for it!

• 27 Jul 2012 Don&Alli said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    Good to know that we arent the only two on this tour. Names are Lyndon 24yrs M and Alli 24yrs F both from Brisvegas. It is both our first times to Sth America, and are both pumped. Where are you from?

• 27 Jul 2012 tanita.vk said

tanita.vk

nice to meet you guys! im Tanita, 22 from perth. and yeah its my first time to south america too, and my first time travelling solo. are you planning on doing any travel before or after the tour?

• 8 Aug 2012 Don&Alli said

Default_avatar

You too Tanita. The contiki kicks off our travelling. When we finish the tour on the 5 Feb, we stay on for another week to attend Carinvale. We then leave Rio and head up to Cancun for a week and then off to Miami for a while too. How bout you?

• 22 Aug 2012 Asha said

Default_avatar

Hey guys! I’m a 27year old gal from Melbourne…considering this trip to get to rio in time for carnivale! Never travelled solo before, or been further than thailand!! So super excited to explore! Have you guys booked into your accom etc. for rio yet? Not sure how quick it will book being festival time and everything..

• 31 Aug 2012 Koren said

Koren

Hey guys! (26 F Syd)
    I only just figured out how to reply on this discussion forum instead of sending individual msgs… technological moron here.
    I did Europe contiki when I was 19 but first time to South America and so excited! Lyndon & Alli – sounds like an awesome trip! You’re gonna love Miami. Asha – I’m probably gonna book the Carnival tour with contiki once they release tour dates at the end of the year…just cheaper and easier. Also want to join in on the parade and contiki can arrange that as one of their options ;) if you’re doing it on your own, I’ve been told now is the time to start organising as everything gets booked quickly… Hope you join our adventure tour too!

• 31 Aug 2012 sndreoe said

Default_avatar

As an aspiring adventurer/mountaineer, I looked up to him in many ways, it is indeed sad news to hear of his passing.look at this site

• 24 Sep 2012 Jessicam876 said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys, I’ve booked the Explorer departing 18th Jan and It also finishes on the 5th of January. I’ve been told by my Travel agent that Contiki may not release a Carnival 2013 tour unless they get enough expressions of interest. Are you guys considering another company as a back-up? I’m trying to decide to book another company just in case. Would hate to miss out but not sure who to go with?

• 26 Sep 2012 tazzybear said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, I’ve booked the Explorer as well. Looking forward to meeting you all :) Jessicam876 I’ve done my booking through contiki and they have assured me that the Carnival tour will go ahead, like last year it won’t be announced until last minute.

• 1 Oct 2012 Asha said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!Is anyone staying on for carnivale?Ive booked a hostel from the 5th after the adventurer finishes for about a week, but haven’t planned in joining a tour-as yet anyway!Be awesome to continue on partying and soaking up carnivale with some of you!! :-)

• 18 Oct 2012 tazzybear said

Default_avatar

Hey Asha, I’m staying on in Rio for a week after the tour as well. Whereabouts have you booked your accomodation? I was going to do the contiki tour for carnivale but too expensive and the tour starts much later than I previously thought. Looking in to accomodation for that week now, hope I’m not too late :)

• 18 Oct 2012 Jessicam876 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys, I’m staying on as well flying out of rio on the 15th of Feb! I think I’ll do contik’s tour but would love to know where you’ve booked! Also hoping I might be able to get to Ilha Grande!

• 18 Oct 2012 Asha said

Default_avatar

Oh-that’s awesome you guys are staying in!!Ive booked into ‘bookers’ hostel in too :-)

• 1 Dec 2012 Explorer1222992 said

Default_avatar

Hey all, I’m on the Peru part of the trip so will be with you on the first 2 weeks of the journey! Was originally booked onto the whole 25 days but had to change my itinerary around a bit (damm tours not linking up!). Heading to Costa Rica after this one and then to Rio Carnivale – I booked the Intrepid Rio Carnival package which seems good and then Contiki released their package, damm. Ah well, it’s going to be awesome being there! See you all in 5 weeks :)

• 8 Jan 2013 Asha said

Default_avatar

Hey all….just wondering whether anyone has heard where the meet up point is for Lima yet??? Arriving on the 10th..so it’d be good to get pre-tour accom at the same place….. :-)

• 8 Jan 2013 Koren said

Koren

Hey Ash!
    it’s the Antigua Hotel
    http://www.antiguamiraflores.com/contact.php
    See if your Contiki rep can arrange pre accom for you.
    I’m arriving there on the 11th so ill be there early too and staying one night. Facebook me Koren Kidis or email koren08@gmail.com to stay in touch if u like

Not long to go now!!

• 8 Jan 2013 Asha said

Default_avatar

Thanks Koren!! Were you emailed the details of the accom?? Also – what time do we have to be there??
    It’s fairly pricey – so I might try and hunt around for nearby hostels…..?
    Anyone else booked accom pre-tour?? :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.