Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe alone and 18?

24 Jul 2012 jollandsj asked

Default_avatar

Hey! Im thinking of doing a 30ish day long european tour when I finish school so I will be 18 and travelling alone. What are people's experiences with going on contiki and being 18? What are people's experiences with 18 year olds. I get that the average age would be like 24 so would i be like the annoying trip baby hahaha? Thanks!!

• 24 Jul 2012 Bridget said

Bridget

I traveled by myself for the first time this year in Europe. It was so rewarding! Everyone who travels loves to meet people so age shouldn’t matter too much. The best was going to hostels that had a reputation for being fun – I always ended up meeting people.

• 24 Jul 2012 dougall said

dougall

Travel often my friend. You’ll have the time of your life. I go alone all the time, and it’s so much fun. Especially with Contiki – you’ll meet ALOT of people.

• 24 Jul 2012 jollandsj said

Default_avatar

okay, that reassures me! Thanks so much both of you :)

• 25 Jul 2012 caityp said

caityp

This is my first one solo booked last minute Escapade 25th August only 4 weeks today. There are 5 of us that are 18 on our tour so far they are the only young ones checked into meetups so far. But the others are all friendly and early 20s. Their more fun sometimes.

• 25 Jul 2012 jess1506 said

jess1506

Anyone can be ‘annoying’ no matter what age they are. Europe Contiki groups are always full of a lot of different types of people, many travelling alone, so you’re sure to find at least a bunch that you click with. My group had heaps of different ages (I was 20) and we all got along fine. No one looked down on the youngest of the group. Do it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion