Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egypt April 9/10 - 17

12 Nov 2009 grandmaster b said

Default_avatar
I know it's still a couple of months out, but I signed up for this trip and would love to hear from anyone else who has.
  • 5 Dec 2009 justadream said

justadream

Me too! Are you going solo?

• 8 Dec 2009 justadream said

justadream

I’m interested in doing some additional tours to either Alexandria or Sakkara, Memphis & Dahshur, or Bahariya & White Desert is anyone else interested..it gets cheaper the more people sign up. Memphis Tours looks reasonalbe. Most likely after the Contiki tour is over.
    Michelle

• 8 Dec 2009 grandmaster b said

Default_avatar

Hi Michelle,

I’m doing the tour with my wife. Where are you from?

We thought about doing some other Egypt sightseeing, but decided to just do the Contiki and get back right away.

• 8 Dec 2009 justadream said

justadream

I’m 25 (turning 26 on the trip.. kind of a birthday present to myself) from Chicago. How about you guys?

• 9 Dec 2009 grandmaster b said

Default_avatar

We’re from Los Angeles. I’m 31 and my wife is 28.

We get in a day early, so we might go to the Egyptian Museum and do that a bit more in detail than what Contiki will offer.

Hopefully some more people will start signing up, so we can have some idea as to who is going to be on this.

—Richard

• 21 Dec 2009 Explorer1161494 said

Default_avatar

Just wanted to let you know that my nuddy (matt) and myself (Adam) are most likely signing up for this trip the first week in January.

Michelle,

We both live in Peoria, IL… not to far from Chicago.

• 4 Jan 2010 justadream said

justadream

Adam and Matt,

Are you guys planning on doing anything in addition to Contiki?? I really want to get two extra nights and do some side trip and see more of Cairo and definitely don’t want to do anything alone..since I’m an American girl.

Another question.. Cubs or Sox??

• 11 Jan 2010 Junebug said

Default_avatar

Hello, I have booked this trip as well. Very excited to go. I will be traveling alone. I am 26 years old From the NYC.

• 13 Jan 2010 Explorer1161494 said

Default_avatar

Michelle,

We’re trying to plan all that all out now. What did you have in mind? We plan on officially booking this week/weekend…If you want you can email me at adam.sterusky@gmail.com.

As for cubs/sox… if I had to pick one I’d pick the Sox because I’m a Reds fan (same division as cubs). Matt probably doesn’t care for either.

• 13 Jan 2010 Explorer1161494 said

Default_avatar

Oh and welcome to the trip junebug… look forward to meeting all of you

• 14 Jan 2010 Big B said

Default_avatar

Just to infrom you all, there is alot of time taht you spend at these exhibits while you ar ethere. Sherif gives you all the time in the World, just do not fall behindschedual, or be late because they will leave without you. For all, the only thing that is not covered is Alexandria, but you have to stay an extra day to complete that. I suggest that everyone do the abul simble, and I will tell you that the lightshow is nothing to be excited about. It was so boring, an dthe lights were brutal, save yourself teh money, or dare to try and see what comes about. SOme like it and some hate, so it its up to you. The village is a must, and so is the camel ride.

• 14 Jan 2010 Explorer1165133 said

Default_avatar

hi, my name is sheri…..i am from nyc and will be travelling alone….i will be on the april 9th tour and will arriving a day early….is anybody else?

• 15 Jan 2010 grandmaster b said

Default_avatar

Hi Sheri,

My wife and I are getting in a day early as well. We haven’t really decided what we’re going to do with the extra day.

• 15 Jan 2010 Junebug said

Default_avatar

Thank you Grandmaster. Looking forward to it as well. Hello Sheri. I too am from NYC and am traveling solo.

Thank you Big B for the suggestions and advise. Can’t wait for this trip!!!!!

• 15 Jan 2010 Junebug said

Default_avatar

Hi Michelle, sorry I rudely didn’t greet you before.lol. Are you going solo as well?

• 15 Jan 2010 Explorer1165133 said

Default_avatar

grandmaster….i have not decided either, if you come up with great ideas let me know.
    i am really looking forward to the trip and meeting you all!!

• 15 Jan 2010 Explorer1165133 said

Default_avatar

michelle,
    i would be interested in doing something before the trip….i arrive around noon on the 9th

• 20 Jan 2010 justadream said

justadream

Sheri,
    I just booked my flight and am not getting in until 9:30pm the 9th..so can’t meet up that day. The 10th I don’t think Contiki starts the meeting until late at night..so it would be great if we can all me and do something that day as well, I think Adam and Matt are getting the same flights as me so that’s more people getting in semi-early.
    What other plans do you guys (Junebug and Sheri) have?
    Yes I am going alone..I have done Contiki solo before and it is so easy to meet/get along with everyone!!!
    I can’t wait for this trip!

• 20 Jan 2010 Explorer1165133 said

Default_avatar

michelle,
    i ended up booking a flight that will get me in at 11:15 on the 10th. i would love to meet up with all of you when i arrive at the hotel.

i have never con on a contiki tour but know a lot who have an am really looking forward to it and meeting all of you.

• 21 Jan 2010 Junebug said

Default_avatar

I have yet to book the flight. But it looks like I will be getting there early on the 10th. I do not have side plans but I am open and down for anything. I can’t extend my day tho.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion