Community_discussions_small  

Question

London and Paris tour starting Sept 28th-Oct 5th

26 Jul 2012 athena143 asked

athena143

Anyone going to that tour? I'll be going on my own and would love to meet new friends before the trip! I will be getting to the hotel around 1105 on Sept 29th. After the tour I will be meeting up with a friend to see Italy and Switzerland and will be doing some solo trip to Barcelona after that as well.

• 17 Aug 2012 Jessica said

Jessica

Hi I’m going solo too! I’m going to add a day onto the end and stay till Oct 6th just to see a little more. Definitely looking forward to this trip!

• 17 Aug 2012 athena143 said

athena143

What time do you get in on Sept 29th? I will be getting in @ 1105 am. I plan on going in and seeing westminster abbey, london eye (if its not too cloudy or rainy), and if i have time, check out borough market to see where the locals shop that saturday before we all meet up to have diner @ 6pm that night. i am mostly doing this as i have read one of the threads on here recommending to come in early and checking those two sites out first as they are not included in the tour and there simply isn’t enough time in london. i think thats great that you’re doing an extension! i wish i could but i wont be able to do that as i will be heading to italy after paris. id love to have company while i tour london. let me know if youre up for that itinerary that day. happy travels! =)

Jessica

That would work for me, I’m getting in a day early too. I really can’t imagine how much sleep I’ll get on my flight since I’m flying over from the US so I thought that would help. By the way you can’t really be 13? It says that on your profile lol

• 17 Aug 2012 athena143 said

athena143

aww! haha. there i fixed it! im 25. anyway, i work night shift and sleep okay in planes so i’m hoping i wont be too exhausted when i get there, its wise of you though to get there a day in advance, too bad i didn’t think of that. anyway, do you have facebook? i will be flying from TN. would love to get to know you more, maybe we can be room mates on this trip! =) i haven’t seen any thread aside from mine on this tour date. crossing my fingers the tour won’t get cancelled.

Jessica

Haha, ok just wondering! You should be fine then, I haven’t done an international flight yet so I thought I’d come in early. I do have facebook- Jessica Kenia (should be searchable). I doubt it will get cancelled, I think a lot of people don’t think to look on these things. It also has it listed as a definitel departure so I think we’re safe! I talked to the Contiki rep on the phone and she said there’s usually a lot of solo people that do go on the tours, and you end up meeting a lot of people. I don’t know how the roommate situation goes, but that would be cool! We’ll keep in touch!

• 26 Sep 2012 Radler2468 said

Radler2468

Hey I am going on this trip and I extended until October 8th in Paris, I already booked the Absolute Hostel! Find me on facebook Rebecca Dale!

• 26 Sep 2012 Radler2468 said

Radler2468

Oh and I am going alone, I wanted to stay extra in Paris because I am most excited about it and want more time to spend there just to be able to have free time. I called contiki about extending but it was like $500 to extend, and i just booked the hostel for 120 for 3 more nights! My friend reccomended the hostel to me!

• 26 Sep 2012 Jessica said

Jessica

Hi Rebecca, I just saw you replied! There’s actually a few Rebecca Dale’s on FB, I didn’t know which one was you. I’m staying one more day in Paris, I just booked on my own too. Everyone said you need at least a few days there, the three was a good idea! I can’t believe it’s only two days away- looking forward to meeting you!

• 27 Sep 2012 Radler2468 said

Radler2468

Hey I am the one with the yellow blazer, I know thats not too descriptive lol, but awesome sounds great so excited!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion