Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EUROPE CABINS

31 Oct 2010 Nikki said

Nikki
Has anyone stayed in the cabins on any of the europe concept tours? Are they any good??
  • 31 Oct 2010 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

depends on what you class as good lol.

Paris – small little cabins with bunk beds… they were alright

French riviera – they were really nice. bunk beds again but the bathroom was really nice and the room itself was very nice.

Florence- watch out for the rocks lol its hard to drag ur bag through the rocks. the rooms were very nice too bad we only had one night there. there was 2 rooms with 2 beds.. the rooms were kinda small but it had a common area with a kitchen type thing and a couch.

Rome- great! possibly the best we stayed in. the bathrooms are great the showers were awesome. the rooms were big with 2 beds.

Venice- the rooms were nice. we had 3 beds in the one room but it was fairly big and the bathroom was good. though its so confusing coz everything looks exactly the same i got lost for about 10 mins trying to find my room lol

and i think thats the last of teh cabins… the rest are hostels and hotels.

• 31 Oct 2010 CharlesF-M said

CharlesF-M

I did the European Whirl and here is my experience.

Austrian Tyroll- It was a large chalet, with rooms of 3-4, and several shared washrooms/showers on each floor.

Venice- Cabins of 2-3 with decent in cabin washrooms. Open your windows to air them out, Venice by it’s nature is not dry, so it is mouldy smelling.

Rome- Very nice cabins with the full body showers, however if you don’t know how they work getting a good temperature and keeping the rest of the bathroom dry is not likely.

Venice- The last post explained this well.

Lauterbrunnen (Swiss Alps)- By the way in fall this area is colder than the rest of Europe. The cabins are decent. If you are hooking up get a bottom bunk. (And don’t sleep on the floor ;-) ) There are however no washrooms in the cabins. It is a little walk away near the store or near the dining hall.

Paris- These are new, but the washroom has a hand shower in a small room with the toilet, the toilet will hence always be wet.

• 31 Oct 2010 LadyRainbow said

LadyRainbow

I guess you gotta be prepared for anything, seeing that it is a concept tour and you’re not paying for 5 star accommodation. Mel the Aussie described all the same cabins I stayed at and while some girls carried on about how crappy they were, I had absolutely no problem with them. The only thing that presented a bit of a problem for me was the showed in the Paris cabins ~ it’s right over the toilet! Very annoying when you want everything to stay dry! Other than that, no worries. I always advise people that if they’re gonna cry over a bit of dirt, then that kind of tour is probably not for you. It all comes down to personal preferences.

• 31 Oct 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

So do they have power points for charging? Im doing European Experience tour which is 20 days

• 1 Nov 2010 LadyRainbow said

LadyRainbow

All the cabins have at least one charger, so you should be fine. But be prepared to take it in turns.

• 1 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

Thanks guys! The power bar is a really good idea Charles!
    Now i just gotta wait…

• 2 Nov 2010 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

i put my clothes in a plastic bag and tied it real tight then hung it from the hook on the wall in the paris showers… and they stayed really dry… though its really hard trying to dry urself when the whole floor is wet haha.

oh and i agree with charles open the windows in venice… our beds were wet and a bit mouldy coz of the weather… oh n take mozie spray for venice ( i know it doesnt have to do with the cabins) but they hav a massive mozzie problem lol though i seemed to be the only one not bitten even though usually i’m the one that gets eaten alive

• 7 Mar 2011 KateB said

KateB

other than the cabins are the hotels and hostels rather comfy? im not one of those princess girls but i do like a nice bathroom and a decent amount of space to get ready in.

• 8 Mar 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

whats a power bar? is that one of those things where you can plug like 4 things into it?

• 8 Mar 2011 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

to the hotel and hostel question.

Munich – they were nice rooms. 2 lots of bunk beds the ones we were in had 2 bathrooms, well sort of. one was a toilet and shower and the other was the hand basin and mirror. (i’m pretty sure lol its been 6 months since i got back :( such a sad thing too) but getting into the rooms was a problem. you had to wave the card past it wait a few seconds turn the handle one way and then back the other way. lol none of us could work them it was lucky a bunch of school kids were there was well so they always opened our doors. downstairs they hav a night club as well. but remember 16 y.os can party in germany lol suck a suprise to us when we went downstairs and they were all there

St Goar – these were really nice. it was an oldish hotel with about a million floors and no elevator lol but i was lucky i was on the bottom floor. 2 single beds and 1 bunk bed. i dont really remember the bathroom coz i was rather hung over in the morning after teh wine tasting that night. and its a fairly cold room but it was nice.

Amsterdam – its a luck of the draw sort of thing. we had a tiny tiny room with two bunk beds. we had to step over our suitcases to get around. yet some ppl had really massive rooms. the bathroom was alright. it wasnt gross or anything

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.