Community_discussions_small  

Question

Hand held shower heads?

17 Aug 2007 nortyjak asked

Default_avatar
hey there, my boy n i are going on the euro encounter on the 9th of oct and i've been reading up n people say that the showers are hand held!
I was just wondering are they hard to use, is it annoying? The experinces i've had with the horrible things havent been pretty, so...sorry if i sound like a bimbo but i was thinking of maybe taking some plastic sucker thingys(?) to maybe attach it to the wall or something. does anyone hav any suggestions? Is it in all the hotels or just some? Is it not as bad as i think? the boy tells me that i'm worrying bout nothing, but i thort i'd see what those of you who are more experianced thort?? Wink
  • 17 Aug 2007 Elise said

Default_avatar

The shower heads are more like detatchable, not necessarily hand held. You CAN take the shower head off in most of the countries, but you don’t have too, and it acts as a normal shower. I don’t see any need to bring anything. I stayed in 7 hotels on my Contiki and didn’t have a problem with any of the showers. I hate to say it, but listen to the boy. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->and Happy Traveleing!

• 17 Aug 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Hi,
    My experience is that European homes have hand held shower heads but most of the hotels have little hooks on the wall to hang up the shower head. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Aug 2007 nortyjak said

Default_avatar

Thanx heaps guys, at least thats one less thing i hav to woory bout, u guys are stars. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Aug 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

There may be 1 or 2 places like that (ie: no overhead fixture) but you’re only there at the most for 2 evenings. Like everything else in life, you learn to adjust.

- Vic

• 19 Aug 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

If anything, the different showers will provide for a good laugh afterwards. Just make sure that you always have good footing in any shower. I fell out of one while doing a homestay in France. While the bruise on my hip hurt for a day, I laugh my head off now talking about the showers in France. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 19 Aug 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

In one of the hotels we stayed in the hook thingy wouldn’t stay still. I either had to hold the shower head or have it spraying wildly through the shower. Oh, did I mention the water was cold too. Ahhh, the memories….

I wouldn’t stress it, you’ll work it out as it goes.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion