Community_discussions_small  

Question

Any1 going to Egypt Dec 2012?

30 Jul 2012 Nazreen21 asked

Nazreen21

Hi there,
Anyone going to Egypt December 2012? I am looking to book in for the 29th. Any suggestions on where to get cheap flight ticket. I am coming from Auckland. Looking to make new friend/travel buddies. Anyone keen?

• 30 Jul 2012 Tigerlily said

Default_avatar

hello ! i’m going on this trip ! taking off on the 27th from california… super excited :) hope to see you there !

• 9 Aug 2012 Ashlea said

Default_avatar

Hey, Im going on this tour as well!! can not wait!, No ideas about the travel ticket sorry, flying in from Itay with airitalia they were resonably priced but not dirt cheep. Another question to add; Do eithor of you know where you can get a VISA for egypt??

• 9 Aug 2012 Tigerlily said

Default_avatar

hi ashlea ! i read online that you can purchase a visa on site… it costs about $40, i think.

• 9 Aug 2012 Carly said

Carly

Hey there my name is Carly and I am going on this trip from Los Angeles. Still haven’t bought my airline ticket though cuz it’s pretty expensive. Can’t wait for this trip!

• 11 Aug 2012 Willi said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I’m sure you’ll enjoy spending Christmas in Egypt, my advice you have to visit Luxor & Aswan, beautiful cities with lot of monuments and old Egyptian temples, just awesome! but try to spend Christmas eve in Cairo, it’s beautiful too but more modern and you can attend different parties there, have fun

• 3 Sep 2012 Cherry said

Default_avatar

Im getting ready to book this trip! Im coming from Vancouver Canada

• 13 Sep 2012 Cherry said

Default_avatar

Im booked for Dec 29th! If you want to find cheaper flights try going threw Skyscanner or Kayak, normally find good deals!

• 14 Sep 2012 Max said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

me and my mate are heading on the tour as well. Message me your skype details so we can get in touch! Im thinking of heading over a couple days earlier and spend some time in cairo. hope to hear from you soon

ciao

• 20 Sep 2012 Ree said

Ree

@ willis comment above i think the egyptians celebrate christmas on the 7th of jan cos they follow the coptic church and the related calendar. So u wud need to stay extra days to spend christmas in egypt. I was thinking of doing egypt 22-29 dec. Does any1 know if the extra day trip to alexandria at the end of contiki through spring tours is still available?

• 26 Sep 2012 CDiTore said

CDiTore

I’m traveling solo from NY for the tour departing on the 29th of Dec – Jan 5th. Excited to meet everyone!

• 2 Nov 2012 medoshideed said

Default_avatar

you guys are all welcomed , my name is medo right from cairo-heliopolis , i would like to get to know all of u when u arrive here in cairo as i like to make new friends , please feel free to contact me anytime u want

• 30 Nov 2012 Willi said

Default_avatar

@Ree yes u’re right, officially it’s on jan 7th, but both muslims and christians celebrate the new year eve at various night clubs and so on, singers & all bands do their parties on Dec 31
    that’s why I mean it’d be nice to attend it in the capital
    but on jan 7th you wouldn’t find any special or noticeable celebrations all over the country as the majority of Egyptians are muslims.
    anyway am sure u’ll have fun in Egypt at anytime:)
    I’ll be in luxor by 15th Dec. and back to Cairo after a week from then, if any of u guys need to ask about anything in Egypt I’d be glad to help!
    Welcome to Egypt everyone :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.