Community_discussions_small  

Question

LONDON ACCOMMODATION?!

31 Jul 2012 Kelsey Ogilvie asked

Kelsey Ogilvie

Good places to stay before/after a tour? Not to expensive, but still safe would be great :)

• 31 Jul 2012 Salman said

Salman

Hi Kesley,
    Check out the Easyhotels. Theyre possibly the cheapest clean place to stay. I would however avoid the smallest rooms (ones without a window); its worth the extra ten quid to get one with windows. Hostels are another great way to stay and theres places like the International Student House which you can try for if you dont mind sharing your room space! :)

• 8 Aug 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

Hi Kelsey,

Depending on your budget and how many people are travelling i.e by yourself or in a group you should consider the royal national or one of their affliate hotels as this is where all london departing and arriving contiki tours start/end. if you don’t mind sharing a room also consider Hostels as their rates are quite cheap compared to hotels and one of the most popular hostels which is just a short walk from the royal national where the tours leave from is the Generator Hostel.

Other recommendations include, tavistock hotel, imperial hotel which are all within walk distance of the royal national. Also with all these accommodation you are in a very good location to central london and close to bus and tube services with buses out the front of hotel into central london and just a short walk to russell square tube station and only several stops into central london.

I have stayed at the royal national and Generator hostel both for Pre and Post tour accommodation and was quiet happy with both.

Keep in mind all accommodation is charge in the british pound and converted into aussie dollars so for hotel room your looking at between 70-80 pounds (approx $115 AUD) per night for single and 120-130 pounds (approx $190 AUD) for twin share and hostels 30-40 pounds (approx $50AUD) per night.

Happy Travels

• 8 Aug 2012 LisaSmig said

LisaSmig

Hey I booked the Royal National hotel for my tour. Only $50 a night each for the three of us. It doesn’t look very fancy but it will do the job!

• 8 Aug 2012 JMull91 said

JMull91

I’ve booked the Great Eastern and St Christopher’s Inn (at Borough) for a few days each..

• 8 Aug 2012 JMull91 said

JMull91

hostelworld.com is a good site to check out :)

• 9 Aug 2012 Nikki said

Nikki

I booked my extra night with contiki, it has me staying at the Imperial Hotel for 75 CAD per night

• 11 Aug 2012 Kelsey Ogilvie said

Kelsey Ogilvie

thank you so much everyone! appreciate all your input :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion