Question

hey anyone doing the big walkabout in July 2013

31 Jul 2012 lynz asked

Default_avatar

looking to see who will be in my group as im a solo passenger

• 20 Feb 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

Hi lynz!

I’ve just signed up to the July contiki walkabout! I’m going alone as well! Excited but scared! Hope u get this. Noticed you wrote it last year! X

• 4 Mar 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

Hi, I ma also signed up for the Walkabout. Very excited. I am doing the Walkabout with the Sailing, are either of you doing that as well?
    Mic

• 4 Mar 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

Hi mic, I’m never signed up to the sailing, but doing everything else. Really excited too!! U doing it alone as well? Where r u from?

• 5 Mar 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

Hi Lauramct,
    I am going alone as well, main reason I decided to do a Contiki tour. I am from Saskatchewan, Canada. Where are you from?

• 5 Mar 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

I’m from Scotland. Really excited about the tour. When r u arriving in sydney?. I get there on sat 6th the day before the tour starts. :)

• 5 Mar 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

I am going to Melbourne to visit some friends first for about a week and am planning to be in Sydney on the 6th also to make sure I know where I am supposed to go! Have you ever done a Contiki tour before? This is my first one but I know quite a few people who have been on them and they had nothing but good things to say.

• 6 Mar 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

No I’ve never done anything like this before – heard great things too!! I think the tour starts at Potts point holiday inn near kings cross station. I’m staying there on the 6th too. I’ve planned a week in Adelaide with a friend after we finish the tour. Have a flight booked from Darwin to Adelaide

• 8 Mar 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

I have not decided yet where I am going to go after we are done the tour. Play it by ear and maybe head back to some places that I liked and want to see more of. Will be heading to Aukland probably during the second week of August to tour the North Island for the last part of my trip. I can’t believe that it is only just 3 and half months away finally!

• 8 Mar 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

I have not decided yet where I am going to go after we are done the tour. Play it by ear and maybe head back to some places that I liked and want to see more of. Will be heading to Aukland probably during the second week of August to tour the North Island for the last part of my trip. I can’t believe that it is only just 3 and half months away finally!

• 9 Mar 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

I start back work in scotland on the 12th August so I only really have a week after the tour to do my own thing. Did u book the trip a while ago? I only signed up last month. Will be here before we know it. Would love to see Auckland at some point too!

• 12 Mar 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

I have been planning this trip for a couple of years but booked just before Christmas. I have wanted to go to Australia since I was really young and finally decided to make it happen. I go back to work 5 days after I get back and I think am going to be very exhausted but it will definitely be worth it. Do you have an idea of what optionals you are going to participate in yet?

• 13 Mar 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

I’ve wanted to goto oz for the last 5years. 4years ago I had a career break arranged from my job(teacher) and I was going to New South Wales to teach for a year but my circumstances changed. Now is the right time for me to do this. Really looking forward to it now. I definitely want to dive on the gret barrier reef. I’ve done a discover scuba before. Might even do the sailing even tho I get seasick. Fancy a sky dive too. Saving as hard as i can just now. What r u planning on doing?

• 13 Mar 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

I am a teacher as well and I am spending my entire summer there. I am looking forward to the scuba diving as well and would really like to do the sky diving also. There are lots that I want to do but know that isn’t possible so I’m just planning on seeing what others from the group plan to do and decide then. I am going to do an optional whenever they are offered though for sure!

• 14 Mar 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

What do u teach? I’m a maths teacher in secondary. Well at least we both have a scuba and skydive buddy! I plan on doing as many optionals as possible too, though the sky diving does terrify me but I’m definitely doing it :)

• 18 Mar 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

I am a Pre-Kindergarten teacher. I’m sure I will be nervous about the skydiving when it actually comes time to do it! Have you looked into where you are going to be stayin in Sydney the night before we leave yet? I wanted to do some research into it but would also like to know exactly where we are leaving from to use as a reference point.

• 21 Mar 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

I’m staying in the holiday inn at Potts point near kings cross station on the Sat night. That’s the hotel that the tour starts from on the Sunday. I booked through STAtravel and they sorted it for me :) I arrive in Sydney on the sat morning after three long flights, might try book a room to sleep in on the sat afternoon if I’m too tired! I will wait and see how it goes. What age is kindergarden? 3-5years? That’s a tough job, I struggle with small kids lol!

• 3 Apr 2013 Nic said

Nic

Hi Laura and Mic, I am doing the big walkabout from Sydney in July. I’m also travelling alone. Can’t wait!

• 3 Apr 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

Hi Laura, it has been so busy that I have not had time to respond but report cards and interviews are now over! Pre-Kindergarten is 3 & 4 year olds, Kindergarten is 5. It is a lot of fun and I get to play with the students and create new things everyday. I think you have the tough job! I am not great with Math and I don’t have the patience for older students.
    Hi Nic! Welcome to the discussion. Where are you from?

• 3 Apr 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

Hi Nic! I’m so excited about this trip and so pleased to find other people who are doing it alone. I’m sure we will all get on great! Are you doing the full thing from Sydney to Darwin? Are you sailing?

Mic – I’m on Easter holidays over here, do you get a break around this time too? Yeah work was crazy in the run up to Easter and we have exams from April to June so that’s always a busy term until the kids go on exam leave.
  • 3 Apr 2013 Nic said

Nic

Hi Mic and Laura, from Ireland, I’m sure we’ll have a blast, yeah I’m doing the full trip to Darwin, but have to leave early on the last day to fly home! I’m not doing the sailing but hope to do most everything else. Are you enjoying the Easter break?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion