Community_discussions_small  

Question

hey anyone doing the big walkabout in July 2013

31 Jul 2012 lynz asked

Default_avatar

looking to see who will be in my group as im a solo passenger

• 4 Apr 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

Hey Nic Where in Ireland? When r u flying out? I leave from Glasgow on the 4th. The same, not doing the sailing. Yeah two weeks break is what I need to get sorted for oz. work will be do busy u til I finish on 27th June, then it’s just a week until we go. When do u arrive in Sydney? I will be there a day early :)

• 4 Apr 2013 Nic said

Nic

Hi Laura, I’m from cork, flying out on the 16th of June to Adelaide, spending a week there, before going to Melbourne for another week. Then onto Sydney, I’m going to stay in Potts point the sat before we start the tour, are you there that night as well? Just paid for the whole thing today, won’t feel real till I arrive there!

• 4 Apr 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

Hi Laura and Nic.
    I am enjoying my Easter break even though it is just about over. We only have a week bc we also get a break in February. Head back to work on Monday and I am looking forward to seeing my students. So I guess that I need to get on booking a room at this Potts Point myself. I have not received any information yet so I haven’t booked anything. Better get on it! I completely understand Nic, sometimes it still doesn’t seem real that I will be in Australia in less than 3 months! So excited! I wonder if we will be in the same tour group because I am doing the sailing tour. Do you think they will be combined or separate?

• 4 Apr 2013 Nic said

Nic

Hi Mic,
    I booked potts point through the group I booked my contiki tour with. contiki offer the extra of staying in the hotel the night before the tour so you just have to contact them. I think we’re going to be on the same tour, it’s just you’ll have a few days away from us with the sailing, as far as I know we’re a combined group with other tours who are travelling up the coast as well, should make for a good crowd. I’d book soon, the lions rugby tour is on there and places are filling up. When do you arrive in Sydney, I am there for a few days before the tour, but staying in a hostel up to the Saturday

• 5 Apr 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

Yeah I’m booked into Potts point on a quad share basis on the sat night! How funny, I’m going to Adelaide for 9days after the the tour finishes to c a friend! I fly from Darwin the night we finish. Will u let me know best places to go etc when I c u on tour :)
    I in arrive sysney at 8am on the sat morning! Probably be shattered after the three flights! Wish I’d booked to arrive earlier than that so I could recover from the jet lag. It won’t feel real until we r on the plane!!! More people r adding themselves to the check in part of this website for our tour as well :) x

• 5 Apr 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

Mic – I think we get our travel documents three weeks before. I’d try book Potts point or if its booked somewhere near that hotel at kings cross, think lots of people on our tour will be around that area :) x

• 6 Apr 2013 Nic said

Nic

Potts point should still be available, I booked the rpom only on Thursday. Haven’t looked at the check in area, have to look at that, interesting!!! Kangaroo Island in Adelaide is supposed to be good and the great ocean road, groovy grape are a crowd that do tours to them, I’ll let you know more though after being there!

• 8 Apr 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

excellent! Can’t wait to find out more. I was talking to a girl Victoria who is on the first 7days of our tour and she suggested creating a facebook group so we all get to know each other before we go. Do you both have facebook? if so what’s your names and I will search for you. x

• 10 Apr 2013 Lauramct said

Lauramct

Here’s the link to the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/571431006208647/

• 14 Apr 2013 Mic said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the help girls. I am now booked at Potts Point as well in a room with 2 other girls I believe. Nic – I will be getting into Sydney on Saturday the 6th from Melbourne. I have not booked a flight yet, thought I would wait until I get to Auz and see what works with my friends for taking me to the airport.

• 13 Jun 2013 Sylvie said

Sylvie

Hi everyone!

Just want to let you know that I’ve booked this trip as well, so I’ll join you guys. So exciting!!
    I arrive on Friday the 5th at the hotel. (was the best option with the flights)
    First night alone, 2nd night with two others. I hope people off the group?

I’m doing the sailing as well, and I would love to dive in the great barrier reef.

Is it ok that I join the facebook group as well?

Looking forward to it!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion