Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Spending Money in Spain

27 Mar 2008 SnowBunnieCT said

Default_avatar
I'm going on the Spanish Spree in July 08 and I'm trying to put together a budget. How much did you spend on food and drinks on your trip to Europe? I went on the French Connexxion, but since I was still a spoiled little girl back then I spent whatever I wanted and didn't keep track!
  • 22 Oct 2011 lburke said

lburke

Hi there, I’m thinking of going on Spanish Spree in June 2012, just wondering how it was?!
    How much did you end up budgeting per day? :)

• 29 Oct 2011 SnowBunnieCT said

Default_avatar

It was amazing! I don’t remember how much I spent. My trips usually seem to be about $3000us for everything—but now that I look at the tour it looks like the price has gone way up. There are a lot of things you have to pay entrance to, and we drank a lot on my trip. You also need money for transportation because a lot of times the bus will drop you off somewhere and then you have to make your way back. If you’re on a tight budget, do what you can to avoid shopping and alcohol (you can get that anywhere) and try not to use cabs. That way you will have enough when something pops up (like going to a Turkish bath house in Madrid, or the tour manager might get everyone together for a nice dinner). I’d say it’s worth it to go all out for meals because Spain has amazing food and wine (and the included meals are yucky!) Plan on going on all the excursions, even if you’re thinking you won’t—once you make friends and the entire tour is doing something you won’t want to be left out. The only thing I didn’t do was the bull ring because I didn’t want to support that. And be prepared for ridiculous prices in Ibiza!!! I paid 60 Euro to get into a club to see Tiesto!!! I don’t regret a single penny spent, and by the end I was trying to arrange a later flight to stay longer…so start saving :)

• 24 Nov 2011 Reka803 said

Reka803

I did the Spanish Spree back in September it was overall not too bad but it is very expensive, especially Ibizia. The Pacha club and Space club is like 100 dollars or 100 euros just to get into. This is advertised as a party trip so there will be a lot of people partying and drinking most of the time. I prefer Italy a lot better but Spain had some nice sites too. We went to the Rock of Gibraltor and got to see part of Africa from there and the cute monkeys. I wish there were more excursions but the bike ride was great and so were the baths. The hotels were nice too but the food was not that great. I am not a huge party person or drinker but there will be a lot of partyers and lots of drinking and other strange things going on, so If you can handle that or you like to party and drink then go for it. I am more in the middle. We did go to a dance club that was great. It was quaint and you had actual space to dance. Bring money like I said it is vey expensive hope that helps :) PS I agree with the above statment Ibizia is way too expensive and I do not support the bullfighting either.

• 24 Nov 2011 tango75 said

Default_avatar

Hello Explorer1313974! I’m going on Spanish Spree (winter) tour in a couple of days and was wondering how much money I should budget per day. The winter tour does not include Ibiza or any bullfighting (thankfully, cause I’m against it). I’m also not a huge party person or big on drinking. So with that said, do you think about 100 euros per day is adequate? Also, I was disappointed to hear the food was not that great. I was really looking forward to experiencing Spanish cuisine (as they are up and coming in the culinary world). Was there something specific about it you didn’t like?

• 12 Aug 2012 VietRaver said

VietRaver

if only ibiza had something called a pubcrawl, now that would be sweet, anyone know any?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.