Community_discussions_small  

Comment

must dos in London

4 Sep 2008 Nyclizzo said

Nyclizzo
I'm doing the bus tour through London, and want to stop at a few spots (definitly Buckingham Palace and London tower)...I don't want to overdo it money wise, so where else is a "must do" while in London?
  • 4 Sep 2008 JessKat said

JessKat

Go to the London Dungeon or Jack the ripper tour (Google it and prebook). It will give you an idea of Ye Olde London and the conditions Londoners lived in. The Tower is really interesting. London eye (the big ferris wheel) is $50 but i dont think it’s worth the money. Oh and go for a chippy…Yum!

• 4 Sep 2008 Explorer1101860 said

Default_avatar

Tower of London is definitely worth a trip, as is the London Eye – think it costs about £14 and it takes a good half hour at least to go round and you can get some really good pictures of the city and the houses of parliament. Westminster Abbey is worth a look around too (its next to Big Ben). You will find London is deceptively small in the city, everything is within walking distance if you dont mind a good walk. If I was you i’d check out Covent Garden for something to eat and maybe venture over to St Paul’s Cathedral and the Tate Modern just over the millennium bridge

• 4 Sep 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I think must do are Tower of London, Shakespeare’s Globe Theater tour (I was lucky that on the tour I got to witness a rehearsal for a new show, kinda neat), Westminster Abbey.

Optional, in my opinion, are London Eye, St Paul’s Cathedral (The view from the top is good, but not Vatican City quality I think), Buckingham Palace (I did not get to see the changing of the guard but saw it at Windsor, which I was told is pretty similar, and was disappointed).

Skip the Tower Bridge. You will see it from the Tower of London, but it is rather pointless to go up to the top. The view is just as good from St Pauls.

A good day tour could take you out to Bath/Salisbury, Windsor, and Stonehenge for under 60pounds which I quite enjoyed.

• 4 Sep 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

Ahhhh, so hard to decide.

Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace, Tower/Bridge, the Eye, St Pauls…to start with…

• 5 Sep 2008 Nyclizzo said

Nyclizzo

Thanks for the advice everyone!!! At least now I have a few “don’t dos” lol…Has anyone been to Hampton Court?? I would really love to go there, but just want to make sure its worth the trip…

• 5 Sep 2008 toxickitten said

Default_avatar

Thanks everyone, I was also wondering about this.Leaving tomorrow and starting to stress a bit. Will come give my opinion when I get back Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion