Community_discussions_small  

Question

Sweet as South, Departing Christchurch, 27th Dec

1 Aug 2012 LukeCarruthers asked

LukeCarruthers

Just thought id see if anyone here will be on the "Sweet As South" tour departing Christchurch on the 27th December 2012. I've booked already, getting pretty keen, NYE in Queens Town should be awesome to say the least!

This tour departs and returns to Christchurch, I think there is a couple of different ones to avoid confusion.

Cheers, Luke

• 1 Aug 2012 emz12 said

emz12

heyy luke,
    i am doing this tour but in October,
    yeah new years in Queenstown will be awesome :)
    were you travelling solo?

• 1 Aug 2012 LukeCarruthers said

LukeCarruthers

Yeah travelling solo, really looking forward to the bunjy jumping, and that kind of thing, hopefully meet some people that like to party also!

• 1 Aug 2012 emz12 said

emz12

yeah i am sure most people want to party :) new years is going to be the best over there aye. that will deffo be a good night!
    yeah i am wanting to do sky diving.
    with your tour are you starting in ChristChurch?

• 3 Sep 2012 Tegan said

Tegan

Hey Luke, Im thinking of doing this tour or the one starting in Wellington on the 28 Dec!!? Decisions Decisions!!

• 3 Sep 2012 LukeCarruthers said

LukeCarruthers

Hi Tegan.

I chose this tour because I can fly into Christchurch, which makes life easy. I also have some family in NZ and will be visiting wellington with them!

I was looking for something pretty action packed and thought this tour looked the best, 9 days which are pretty full on with heaps of different and unique things to do throughout the tour (I imagine these are offered in the tour you suggested also)

And new years eve in Queens Town, that will be crazy to say the least!… well i hope so!

• 3 Sep 2012 LukeCarruthers said

LukeCarruthers

Hi Tegan.

I chose this tour because I can fly into Christchurch, which makes life easy. I also have some family in NZ and will be visiting wellington with them!

I was looking for something pretty action packed and thought this tour looked the best, 9 days which are pretty full on with heaps of different and unique things to do throughout the tour (I imagine these are offered in the tour you suggested also)

And new years eve in Queens Town, that will be crazy to say the least!… well i hope so!

• 4 Sep 2012 Tegan said

Tegan

Hey!I was going to fly out of Sydney on Boxing day, but finding it hard to get a direct flight to Christchurch at a normal time!! lol so thought id just fly into Wellington!! I havent booked yet, so it could change! How long are you heading there for? Yeh NY in Queenstown – sounds awesome!! :)

• 4 Sep 2012 LukeCarruthers said

LukeCarruthers

Yeah the flights are pretty average on boxing day, I fly Adelaide – Sydney, Sydney – Auckland , Auckland – Christchurch.

I will be there for a little over 3 weeks, which will be pretty good, Im also doing the contiki before and after nights accommodation, so that adds an extra 2 nights to the tour with the people you are traveling with.

After the contiki Im flying up to Auckland to travel around the north island for 10 days.

I really want the trip to be a big party with lots of adventures, traveling alone should be interesting!

• 4 Sep 2012 Tegan said

Tegan

They sure are. I have found one (little pricey..) I think i will book it!! Gosh you go on a trip just to get there!!
    3 weeks – awesome :) I will need to book the accomodation before and after for 2 nights each too, im going to be flighing out of Christchurch on the 9 Jan.
    Im keen for a big party too!! Have you done contiki before!? You will be fine travelling alone! Im sure there will be heaps of us solo.

LukeCarruthers

Yeah its a bit of a stint on a plane for sure, It doesn’t bother me that much im use to it!

I Haven’t done a contiki before, nor traveled alone, so it should be a pretty good experience! Yeah a few of my friends have done europe solo and loved it, that’s next on the list for sure!

Can’t wait for Bungee jumping, sky diving, and white water rafting! hopefully ill get to do those 3 things in Queens Town!

How old are you? I’m 21!

• 4 Sep 2012 Tegan said

Tegan

It will be a great experience! I did europe solo and it was awesome! – you really should do it
    The sports are going to be fun. Not to sure if i could bungee though!! ahhh.. we will see!
    Im 23! Where else have you travelled?

LukeCarruthers

I’ve been to Japan, Bali, and New Zealand recently. All pretty awesome trips, Have europe and Japan again planned for next year, looking forward to it!

• 4 Sep 2012 Tegan said

Tegan

Thats awesome!! So much to look forward too then.
    Ill let you know when im all booked in!!

• 5 Sep 2012 Julia said

Julia

I’m doing the same one the week after please let me know how it is! :)

• 9 Sep 2012 Michael Dalz said

Michael Dalz

Hey Luke,
    I’m doing the Kiwiana Panorama which starts the same day as yours so i’m pretty sure we’ll be on the same bus as our tours are identical. NYE in Queenstown should be unreal and good choice going on Contiki when travelling by yourself.
    Cheers

• 29 Sep 2012 Steph12345 said

Steph12345

Hey Luke, me and my partner are doing the same tour :D Can’t wait!!!! Steph

• 4 Oct 2012 Kestrel said

Kestrel

Me and my friend are doing the Sweet As South starting Wellington so will be in Queenstown for NYs

• 16 Oct 2012 Emma said

Emma

Hey Luke, Im doing this tour but departing 29th December, But sounds like all the tours around this time will meet up on New Years in Queenstown!! can’t wait to get into the action pack stuff as well as partying!! should eb awesome!!!

• 7 Nov 2012 CourtneyJade said

CourtneyJade

Spewin! Im doing sweet as south departing on the 4th. New years in queenstown woulda been wicked but that tour was all booked out. NYE in hawaii im thinkin, then back to NZ for the trip :)

• 7 Nov 2012 LukeCarruthers said

LukeCarruthers

Sounds like everyone has good plans over the Christmas break! I cant decide where to go next now? Japan again? one of the most amazing places Ive been, Europe for Tomorrow Land or Thailand?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion