Community_discussions_small  

Question

Sweet as South, Departing Christchurch, 27th Dec

1 Aug 2012 LukeCarruthers asked

LukeCarruthers

Just thought id see if anyone here will be on the "Sweet As South" tour departing Christchurch on the 27th December 2012. I've booked already, getting pretty keen, NYE in Queens Town should be awesome to say the least!

This tour departs and returns to Christchurch, I think there is a couple of different ones to avoid confusion.

Cheers, Luke

• 13 Nov 2012 Amy said

Amy

Hi! I’m doing the “Sweet as South” departing Christchurch on December 27th 2012 ending in Wellington Jan 5th. So all the same except for the final day I think? So excited! I’m travelling alone, which will be different/interesting, but cannot wait!

• 16 Nov 2012 Sam said

Sam

Hi Luke,
    I will be on this tour as well.. Im hopefully planning to skydive on new years eve so i will be all pumped for a big party afterwards. :) I am also flying out of Adelaide Luke on boxing day, who you flying over with??
    Cant wait to meet everyone over there.

• 16 Nov 2012 LukeCarruthers said

LukeCarruthers

Sounds great Amy, does that mean we will be on the same tour? It’s my first Contiki I’m not too sure how they work! I’m starting to get excited too, exams and a few more weeks of work, then ill be counting the days :)

Hi Sam, to be honest Im not even sure, I haven’t looked at my itinerary in months, but I’m flying Adelaide . Sydney > Auckland > Christchurch.

• 16 Nov 2012 Sam said

Sam

Travelling alone is great fun, i did 2 contiki tours in America last year on my own and travelled on my own, it was great fun. You meet so many people.. :)
    Contiki is good fun, gets you doing things you wouldnt noramally do and you go to some towns you wouldnt normally go to..
    yeah im flying the same path as well.

• 16 Nov 2012 Amy said

Amy

Well I’m not too sure how they work either, I’m assuming so, cause the tours are the same except for the extra day, but I guess we’ll find out on the 27th of December! Yeah I have to work all the way up until christmas, but then NZ here I come!
    Sam glad to hear travelling alone is fun, lots of people have said it but it’s still a bit daunting being the first time! Just hoping to meet lots of people like you said :)

• 16 Nov 2012 Sam said

Sam

you will meet heaps of people.. i meet two girls in america who live one suburb away from me and we have become great friends from there.. all the stories you hear about contiki are correct.. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion