Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA-NY tips & highlights

1 Aug 2012 Emma asked

Emma

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone who has done the Grand Southern tour from LA to NY can give me some tips, or even better if you have a diary or something that you kept from your tour? I really want to make the most of the tour and do as much as possible.

Thank you!! :)

• 16 Aug 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

I’m doing this too in jan! Would love to get some advice too!

• 23 Sep 2012 Jay said

Jay

What departure date chloelouise20? I’m on the 10th Jan :)

• 23 Sep 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

The next one along .. the 31st Jan..
    You getting excited yet?

• 24 Sep 2012 Jay said

Jay

I feel like I’m going to vibrate out of my skin with excitement! You?
    Did you book extra time before/after the tour? I have 4 days in LA before, but I don’t really know what to do.

• 24 Sep 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

Yeah that sounds about right Haha as you going alone? ..
    Yeah I have 3 days in la. And then 11 in new York .. which I think might be too long somedays and others I worry I won’t be long enough Haha
    Don’t gave anything planned for either places as such but I know I want to see Hollywood and all that and I want to go to an ice hockey game in new York but that’s all I’ve got so far lol

• 24 Sep 2012 Jay said

Jay

Yep, solo :D I have 10 days in NYC, I won’t have any trouble filling that, but I don’t know what to do with my time in LA!

• 24 Sep 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

Fantastic! Sounds like we are doing practically the same thing! .. yeah I’m not sure on la .. probably won’t go to Disney land because we are going to Orlando .. probably just sightsee I guess .. I’m staying at a hostel too tho so Im figuring people there will get together and do dome things

• 25 Sep 2012 Jay said

Jay

Yeah, the hostel might make things easier for you :)
    Just discoverd I can get a train to Long Beach for $3, little over an hour. Stops right at the aquarium, near the water. That’ll fill a day!

• 25 Sep 2012 chloelouise20 said

chloelouise20

Oh that’s cool .. is that on a website?

• 28 Sep 2012 Jay said

Jay

www.metro.net
    It’s a really good site, with maps, route planners, prices etc

• 16 Oct 2012 Melanie said

Melanie

Jay I’m on your same tour and thinking on going to l.a earlier, we could meet up and go sight seeing together before the tour starts

• 18 Nov 2012 Lil Lynchy said

Lil Lynchy

Jay and Melanie, im on the same tour as you guys. I cant believe how fast its coming up, I cant wait-if you have fb ass me http://www.facebook.com/laura.philbrick1/info#!/emma.lynch.5205 then we can get talking.

• 23 Dec 2012 Jay said

Jay

I think a meet up would be awesome! Still have no idea what to do in LA :(

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.