Community_discussions_small  

Question

China Adventure 12th November 2012

1 Aug 2012 KylieandJose asked

KylieandJose

Anyone signed up for this tour yet?

• 7 Aug 2012 JaydeB said

JaydeB

yeah my sister and I are booked on this tour.

Were from Syd Australia

• 8 Aug 2012 Explorer1203249 said

Default_avatar

BEST TOUR EVER!!!!!! GOOD CHOICE! YOUR TM MIGTH BE LUKE MITCHELL

• 8 Aug 2012 JaydeB said

JaydeB

any recommendations in regards to extras? or anything else that is good to know?

• 8 Aug 2012 Explorer1203249 said

Default_avatar

Jayde, I have done a lot of contiki´s, the China experience so far was my favorate! You get to stay at pretty good accomodations (5stars hotels in Hong Kong-Xian and Shanghai), the included food is amazing and the included sightseeing too. Comunication is a bit difficult but nothing that if you do some motion…. it will be fine;
    If I can give you a tip- I would stay a little longer in Hong Kong… it is so nice and beautifull…. I had two extra days there. Yangshuo- Dr. Lili for medicine and massages- really good. Don´t miss the bike ride in Xian—- that was one of my favourates! China is not an expensive country….. NEVER FORGET TO BARGAIN – example—— she will try to sell you a fake LV wallet for 950 –-—- you will pay 60-70 for that……… I went to the fake markets in Shanghai – sincerly –- don´t waist your time buying all that crap….. I hope you enyoy your tour as I have enyoed mine. AHHHHHH – I thought it was a waist of money to do the Yangshou light show – it was about 30US -- I didn´t like it –- do the dumpling dinner in Xian – delicious and the shanghai acrobat show these were about 15 to 20 us dollars…. and if you like to cook def do the cooking class- the teacher was great – the recipes were excellent and you can do them back home. China is a clean country, completely different from southeast asia. If you need anything jus ask. You can ship from Hong Kong it´s safe!

• 8 Aug 2012 KylieandJose said

KylieandJose

Oh, sounds good, we’re staying in Hong Kong for a few nights after Contiki, been there before and know our way around pretty good.

Excited to meet the crew :D
    We’re in Perth, Aus.

• 19 Aug 2012 Michael said

Michael

Me and my mate also booked this tour. Looking forward to it.

We are also in Perth.

• 26 Sep 2012 Craig said

Craig

I have also just booked this tour, and am travelling solo.
    I am from Durban, South Africa and this is my 4th Contiki.
    Should be good !

• 20 Oct 2012 Kim said

Kim

I can’t wait for this trip…I booked it about a year ago and now it’s down to 3 weeks!!!! I’m staying an extra few days in Honk Kong as well, I’ve heard it’s beautiful! I’m from BC, Canada (Vancouver)…anybody else coming from Canada?

• 25 Oct 2012 Claire said

Claire

Hi all! I’ll be coming along on this tour, my first Contiki tour and my first time travelling alone. I’m from Brisbane, Australia. :)

• 29 Oct 2012 KylieandJose said

KylieandJose

2 weeks to go!!

• 4 Nov 2012 sppri said

Default_avatar

hey all. I walked into the travel agent a week ago without the slightest clue of where I wanted to go. So i guess i will c u all in beijing on the 11th! first time overseas (nz doesnt count) and first time contiki! really looking forward to it!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion