Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Camping on Sydney Beaches

11 Oct 2010 RPNguyen said

Default_avatar
Does anyone know if you're allowed to sleep/camp out on any of the beaches around Sydney?
  • 12 Oct 2010 JackDarcy said

Default_avatar

Hey dear!
    I don’t have much idea but I don’t think that any camp will be allowed near any beach. Thanks

• 12 Oct 2010 Mel said

Mel

Pretty sure you cant campout on the beaches unless your the bum that lives on bondi
    However there are heaps of hostels right on the beach and I think if you head out of the city there are camp grounds where you could stay

• 13 Oct 2010 RPNguyen said

Default_avatar

Was thinking more of just sleeping on the beach for a night.

• 18 Oct 2010 Courtenae said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    Although i live on the west coast of Aus, I am 99.99% certain you aren’t allowed to sleep on the beachs… At least in the metro area. They tend to have security guards wandering, rangers and police wandering the area. You could attempt it, and you may not get caught, however if you are caught, you will prob be asked to move on.
    I hope this helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Oct 2010 NaHdz said

NaHdz

Yeah it’s not allowed, the closest you could get is an actual camp ground close by but sleeping on the beach is a no no.. They have patrols and what not I think.

• 25 Oct 2010 Lottie said

Default_avatar

Yeah I’m pretty sure if you took to sleeping on a beach in Sydney the cops would come and move you along.

Especially if you tried sleeping on Bondi or Manly beach.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.