Community_discussions_small  

Comment

adapter for the buses

3 Jun 2007 TheManda said

Default_avatar
Hello all,

I know this is a common question, but which adapter do i need for the contiki buses (the brochure said most buses would have them this summer)? i know there are many different types of prongs, i saw the diagrams on one of the posts on the message boards...quite confusing! i don't care about plugging it in at the hotels in each country. also, i assume that i would have to have the portable charger and there are no direct USB ports in the bus?
also, i assume that we have to pay cash for any optional excursions, is this correct? just trying to decide how much cash to bring...
thanks,
amanda (1 month and 9 days to go!)
  • 3 Jun 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

I’m not sure about the buses because I haven’t yet travelled on a new ‘charge-friendly’ bus but money-wise…NO CASH NEEDED! You can pay for your optionals with a credit card so definitely no need to go lugging mass wads of cash around…it’s dangerous and silly, if you lose it, you’re stuffed!

If, for some reason, credit is not available your TM will let you know a day or two before payments are due and then you can just go to an ATM and withdraw what you need (not likely though).

• 3 Jun 2007 TheManda said

Default_avatar

thanks for replying Pina, that really helpedSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Jun 2007 r4v3r said

Default_avatar

I’ve just recently finished up my tour. The bus’ adaptor is the european one – the two rounded prongy thingymajig… Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> No USB ports. Oh and if you don’t know where they are located – the backdoor, above the toilet.

As for optionals, we always paid cash and the TM usually lets you know a day or two beforehand as Pina has mentioned, so that you can withdraw if need be.

• 3 Jun 2007 bellyk said

bellyk

I think I read in another topic somewhere that there are only like 4 outlet/plugs to charge stuff is this correct?

• 4 Jun 2007 r4v3r said

Default_avatar

That’s correct, only 4 outlets. Don’t think I ever saw it full however. I spose most people charge it overnight at accommodations.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion