Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Waking up

20 Feb 2007 Amy said

Default_avatar
I am doing the european discovery tour and was wondering if I should be purchasing a travel alarm clock or do the hotels on this tour have alarm clocks or wake up calls? After all the late nights I will not want to miss the bus in the morning
  • 20 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

Hi Amy,
    I always use the alarm my mobile (cellular) phone. You cant always trust hotel alarms to go off (happened to my a few times).
    Just make sure that you manually change the time on your phone if you cross a time zone if it doesnt have an automatic time zone change.
    I wouldnt worry too much about buying a travel clock.. save your money (and bag space) for something else and use ya phone.
    Safe travels, you’ll have a blast.

• 22 Feb 2007 kitten27 said

Default_avatar

amy, yep make sure you get your self an alarm clock. my sister did contiki last year and said it is as important as your passport..a few guys on her tour got left behind one day.. I am doing vista this year so will make sure i get an alarm clock.

• 23 Feb 2007 junior37991 said

Default_avatar

Can I bring my Rooster?

• 25 Feb 2007 lmn_82 said

Default_avatar

Hi Amy

I just got back from the European Discovery toour and found that i kept my watch on my home time and took my mobile phone and changed the time to europena time on it and set the alarm on that.

Although depending on who you have as a tour manager they will probably have a wake up call sent to all the rooms about 1 hour before breakfast and leave time, but do find out from your tm. If not you can have a wake up call sent to your room, but watch as staff change at night and sometimes the messages do;t get passed on .

lee

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion