Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Euro adapter or converter

28 Dec 2008 Fizzee said

Default_avatar
Hi

I am going on the Mediterranean Highlights tour and am not sure exactly what I need. I plan on taking a hair dryer, curler, and camera charger. Do I need only an adapter or a converter as well? Thanx Smiler
  • 29 Dec 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

You will need an adapter, you probably wont need a converter. Take a look at the electrical info on the devices – if it says 110/220 then it will convert itself, or if it has the option to switch between 110 and 220 then you’re fine. Otherwise, you’ll want to bring a converter too.

• 29 Dec 2008 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

From what I can gather Americans generally go need a converter, australians definately don’t.

• 29 Dec 2008 Terry said

Terry

You can get the adaptor at Target in the luggage aisle. It comes in a four pack with ones for other countries as well. It costs $9.99. The one you use in most of Europe has two cylindrical prongs.

• 29 Dec 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Most electronic equipment is rated for 110-220V and 50-60 Hz so your camera charger and ipod charger (if you have one) should be fine and just need an adapter.

Most hair dryers, curlers, and other equipment like that from what I hear typically are not. It is always listed on the side though. If it is not rated for 110-220v then you will need both a converter and adapter set. Converters change the voltage and adapters change the plug shape since outlets are different in other countries.

You do not want to plug in any devices that aren’t rated for the voltage in a specific country because it could cause a short and a fire or just destroy the device.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion