Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe July 2013

9 Aug 2012 EAC13 asked

EAC13

Hey everyone, Im planning to head to Europe at the end of June 2013 and do a tour of Europe at the start of July, followed by Greek Islands and maybe also Croatia Islands. Just wondering what tours everyones doing or if there are anything that you suggest. Im thinking European Whirl but European Escapade does look good too :)

• 23 Sep 2012 Peter said

Default_avatar

Hey! Im looking to do the European Inspiration Tour which starts on June 29, planning on to get to London a couple days before hand :)
    Should be awesome!!!!!!!

• 23 Sep 2012 James said

James

doing the european panorama in july.. should be awesome! anyone else doing this tour?

• 23 Sep 2012 Alex said

Default_avatar

Hey EAC13, I’m planning on doing European Whirl starting on June 26, 2013. Maybe we’ll end up on the same tour.

• 23 Sep 2012 Alex said

Default_avatar

Whoops, double post lol

• 24 Sep 2012 JJ77 said

JJ77

Im doing something similar but will be doing london to athens on the 30th june, then greek island hopping followed by sailing in croatia :) is anybody doing their own thing after their tour?

• 24 Sep 2012 Rhett said

Rhett

I am doing the Ultimate European with Greek Island option starting on 26 May and then Croatian Island Cruising on 20 July. After that I am looking for some travel buddies to do Portugal and Spain (especially Ibiza) and a few other bits and pieces before heading to Oktoberfest! If anyone has similar plans or is interested I would love to hear from ya!

• 25 Sep 2012 BethanyB said

BethanyB

I want to do the European whirl starting some time in early July as well. Not sure what dates to book yet though.

• 26 Sep 2012 EAC13 said

EAC13

90% sure that Im going to be doing the European Whirl that departs on the 18th July :)

• 26 Sep 2012 EAC13 said

EAC13

Rhett, Im hoping to head to Oktoberfest next year. Are you looking at tours or just rockin up?

• 26 Sep 2012 Rhett said

Rhett

Hey. Not 100% sure yet. I will be travelling through Europe next year by myself but I am doing a couple of Contiki’s before Oktoberfest and a little bit of travel by myself also. It would be nice to meet up with some people along the way who are also going to Oktoberfest and just rock up together. Apparently you meet heaps of people while at Oktoberfest. I haven’t really had a look at the Oktoberfest tours in too much detail yet. What about you?

• 26 Sep 2012 EAC13 said

EAC13

I just looked up some tours before for Oktoberfest. Contiki have a pretty good one for 5 days in a hostel accommodation for $439 which doesnt look too bad but Im in the same boat. Im doing a Contiki tour and a busabout tour then travelling through UK/Ireland before I head to Oktoberfest so I probably wont book anything till later down the track :)

• 26 Sep 2012 Mo said

Mo

im thinking of going too. doing thai hopper east in april and it would nice to jump into europe in july. sad thing is that id be doing the european one on my own :(

• 26 Sep 2012 Rhett said

Rhett

Yeah that seems pretty reasonable! Obviously because of Oktoberfest that Munich will get booked up pretty quickly! What Busabout are you doing? I am doing Classic Rhapsody to get down to Split for the Croatian Sailing.

• 26 Sep 2012 Jess said

Jess

I’m thinking about doing the European Escapade too, but towards the end of May next year. The itinerary sounds awesome, especially the 3 special stopovers, and seems to be really good value for 25 days! :)

• 26 Sep 2012 Megan said

Megan

Mo, there’s nothing wrong with traveling alone! I went solo on my first Contiki back in May and loved it so much that I’ll be doing both of my 2013 tours solo as well (London to Athens & Greek Island Hopping) :)

• 26 Sep 2012 Rebecca said

Rebecca

Hey Group, I did the European Whirl a few months back and it was amazing!!! Fast pace, but you get to see the best of everything!! You get to see Prague and Berlin, which most tours dont stop on and they are the best!! I highly recommend this tour!!! :)

• 26 Sep 2012 Mo said

Mo

thanks megan. that makes me feel better :)

• 25 Nov 2012 RichieRich said

RichieRich

Anyone considering cover europe and greek island hopping should consider doing road to athens please greek island hopping. 29 days all up there is one that departs on 9th July. I’ve boooked that looking forward to it!

• 29 Nov 2012 Paulie89 said

Paulie89

For those wanting something a bit longer but not too long have a look at the European Vista. Im doing that starting on the 1st of July 2013 it goes for 21 days. Its a bit more easy paced aswell as its classed as a time out tour which means we stay in hotels rather than hostels and we get a bit more time in each place. Feel free to join…I havent seen anyone from my tour yet lol….anyone else doing their own thing after their tour? Ive got a week form the 22nd july til the 29th July anyone have any good places to reccomend to go alone?

• 8 Dec 2012 nathan said

nathan

Hey I’m leaving for Europe 28th of June and start European encounter tour on the 30th then after that I’m doing the greekislands hopping on the 16th of July

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion