Community_discussions_small  

Question

Favourite country in Europe?

16 Sep 2007 mattpolo8 asked

Default_avatar
So amongst all the topics of discussion in the Contiki forums..i'm curious to know...what was your favourite European country??
  • 17 Sep 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

This is a really hard question… Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 19 Sep 2007 Brent.H said

Default_avatar

I would second Croatia

• 19 Sep 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Besides for the castles on the mainland, Croatia’s many islands along the Adriatic are an undiscovered jewel.

- Vic

• 20 Sep 2007 mattpolo8 said

Default_avatar

sorry guys. as i haven’t been over there yet i didnt really know what to add and what not to..i was putting united kingdom on a whole different scale.

but i will be sure to visit croatia now!

• 13 Mar 2009 amer said

amer

Turkey is my favorite.. Istanbul rocks.

• 13 Mar 2009 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I vote Switzerland, with the note that I have not been to Spain, Greece, or Scandinavia, and that Egypt is not in Europe.

I will suspect Egypt will give Switzerland a run for its money when I go in August though.. There is potential I might get to go to Greece and Turkey for 10 hour layovers, so we’ll see then

• 14 Mar 2009 Ganacampo said

Default_avatar

I voted for Italy since I really fell in love with the country on my Contiki tour last year.

• 14 Mar 2009 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

Hey Matt, ya fellow novacastrian here…

I voted Italy, for the reason below.

FOOD
    FOOD
    FOOD
    FOOD
    FOOD!!!!!!!

• 18 Jun 2009 Aoi-Ninja said

Default_avatar

I gave my vote for Greece, I love the history behind that place. Second would be France, then Italy.

• 20 Jun 2009 hockeyfan35 said

Default_avatar

Tie between Switzerland and France (mainly b/c they’re the only two European countries I’ve visited so far, unless you count Heathrow lol! :P). I really enjoyed my time in Switzerland when I went, and was glad to visit lots of small towns in both Switzerland and France.

• 24 Jun 2009 Paris, je t'aime! said

Paris, je t'aime!

I voted France. Cause im absolutely in love with PARIS!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Oct 2009 Explorer1148315 said

Default_avatar

My favourite by far was Greece! The history is incredible, the food was my favourite in all of Europe and their laid back attitude was just what I needed after 20 days touring from Ireland to Italy!

• 24 Oct 2009 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

For me its a tie between France and Netherlands.

• 1 Nov 2009 Megsy said

Megsy

I am in no way a sporty girl however I fell in love with the very beautiful Austria.
    they have so many recreation activities – a killa bike ride (the views are amazing, the air so clear it helps you forget that your legs are burning), paragliding (OMG your crazy if you miss out on this – best photos over my whole trip) and an icy cold white water rafting (once again with amazing breathe taking views) and then there is the fantastic bar on site with a crazy theme party.
    how can you not love Austria??

• 5 Nov 2009 Explorer1139875 said

Default_avatar

Really Really its a tough question…
    but I’ll surely go with France.,, Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Jan 2010 marsbars said

Default_avatar

Croatia…100%

• 5 Jan 2010 nicnil said

nicnil

I don’t consider Egypt a part of europe really, so I definitely have to go with Italy.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion