Community_discussions_small  

Question

Favourite country in Europe?

16 Sep 2007 mattpolo8 asked

Default_avatar
So amongst all the topics of discussion in the Contiki forums..i'm curious to know...what was your favourite European country??
  • 17 Sep 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

This is a really hard question… Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 19 Sep 2007 Brent.H said

Default_avatar

I would second Croatia

• 19 Sep 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Besides for the castles on the mainland, Croatia’s many islands along the Adriatic are an undiscovered jewel.

- Vic

• 20 Sep 2007 mattpolo8 said

Default_avatar

sorry guys. as i haven’t been over there yet i didnt really know what to add and what not to..i was putting united kingdom on a whole different scale.

but i will be sure to visit croatia now!

• 13 Mar 2009 amer said

amer

Turkey is my favorite.. Istanbul rocks.

• 13 Mar 2009 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I vote Switzerland, with the note that I have not been to Spain, Greece, or Scandinavia, and that Egypt is not in Europe.

I will suspect Egypt will give Switzerland a run for its money when I go in August though.. There is potential I might get to go to Greece and Turkey for 10 hour layovers, so we’ll see then

• 14 Mar 2009 Ganacampo said

Default_avatar

I voted for Italy since I really fell in love with the country on my Contiki tour last year.

• 14 Mar 2009 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

Hey Matt, ya fellow novacastrian here…

I voted Italy, for the reason below.

FOOD
    FOOD
    FOOD
    FOOD
    FOOD!!!!!!!

• 18 Jun 2009 Aoi-Ninja said

Default_avatar

I gave my vote for Greece, I love the history behind that place. Second would be France, then Italy.

• 20 Jun 2009 hockeyfan35 said

Default_avatar

Tie between Switzerland and France (mainly b/c they’re the only two European countries I’ve visited so far, unless you count Heathrow lol! :P). I really enjoyed my time in Switzerland when I went, and was glad to visit lots of small towns in both Switzerland and France.

• 24 Jun 2009 Paris, je t'aime! said

Paris, je t'aime!

I voted France. Cause im absolutely in love with PARIS!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Oct 2009 Carly said

Carly

My favourite by far was Greece! The history is incredible, the food was my favourite in all of Europe and their laid back attitude was just what I needed after 20 days touring from Ireland to Italy!

• 24 Oct 2009 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

For me its a tie between France and Netherlands.

• 1 Nov 2009 Megsy said

Megsy

I am in no way a sporty girl however I fell in love with the very beautiful Austria.
    they have so many recreation activities – a killa bike ride (the views are amazing, the air so clear it helps you forget that your legs are burning), paragliding (OMG your crazy if you miss out on this – best photos over my whole trip) and an icy cold white water rafting (once again with amazing breathe taking views) and then there is the fantastic bar on site with a crazy theme party.
    how can you not love Austria??

• 5 Nov 2009 Explorer1139875 said

Default_avatar

Really Really its a tough question…
    but I’ll surely go with France.,, Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Jan 2010 marsbars said

Default_avatar

Croatia…100%

• 5 Jan 2010 nicnil said

nicnil

I don’t consider Egypt a part of europe really, so I definitely have to go with Italy.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.