Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Airfares from Sydney to London

31 Dec 2010 EatPrayLove said

EatPrayLove
Just wondering what sort of deals people have got so far for a flight from Sydney to London? We are leaving in late August 2011 and will be heading off to Flight Centre in a couple of days. I was just curious to see what people travelling around that time have paid? I really want to save as much as possible. Thinking of Tokyo as a stopover but not keen on Japan Airlines given they are up the creek at the moment...
  • 1 Jan 2011 Ren said

Ren

Hi!!

I have just purchased my flights through Contiki, I am flying Cathay Pacific. I leave Sydney on the 3rd May and Return on the 27th June.

My flights were $1700 however I believe that Cathay Pacific are going up due to a fuel surcharge increase!

• 1 Jan 2011 Jen1983 said

Default_avatar

I paid $2300 for mine, flying singapore air, arriving may 1st, and leaving 5th june, however i did pay more because i really wanted to fly the A380… Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Jan 2011 EatPrayLove said

EatPrayLove

hmm they both sound like pretty good deals, i was hoping no more than $2500 but more around the $2000 mark given we are booking early..

• 1 Jan 2011 Magic2011 said

Default_avatar

i leave march and paid $1633 with korean air, included an overnight stay in seoul. Was pretty happy with that. I was looking at the STA website and it looked like it had some good deals…Being under 26 gets the best deal with them

• 2 Jan 2011 leisioz said

Default_avatar

i went to flight centre and the quotes they gave me where almost $500 or more expensive than buying the tickets online though the airline direct. Get quotes from them than have a look around online and compare.

• 2 Jan 2011 Kathleen said

Default_avatar

i booked through Flight Centre & was given 3 options for the airline (that coincided with my dates: depart May 5 and return June 11): Singapore Airlines, Etihad or Malaysian Airlines. All were priced $1900 – $2000 return from Melbourne. I budgeted for $2000 so i was happy!
    I’ve heard that mid week flights are a bit cheaper but that could be wrong

• 3 Jan 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hi there.

I am flying out late April with Singapore and an early bird ticket was $1900 inc taxes PLUS they give you 30kg luggage allowance there and back. Thats flying Bris-London. I believe there are still some of those tickets left. PM me if you want my travel agents details.

• 3 Jan 2011 JarrodAUS86 said

JarrodAUS86

hi there

im arriving into heathrow from sydney on the 29 of april……eh royal weeding day

with Cathay pacific only $1850

Starting euro whirl on 1st of may.

• 4 Jan 2011 Explorer~1987 said

Explorer~1987

I Paid nearly $2200 for my tickets through Qantas. I wanted an airline which i have used before and trust..
    My flights are quite expensive as i have to travel from Rockhampton – Brisbane – Singapore – London. It’s gonna be a long trip but hopefully worth it in the end. My flights were for Sept 2011

• 4 Jan 2011 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by EatPrayLove:
    Just wondering what sort of deals people have got so far for a flight from Sydney to London? We are leaving in late August 2011 and will be heading off to Flight Centre in a couple of days. I was just curious to see what people travelling around that time have paid? I really want to save as much as possible. Thinking of Tokyo as a stopover but not keen on Japan Airlines given they are up the creek at the moment…

Definitely get more than one quote. Go to Flight Centre, Student Flights, STA and even try online sites like bestflights.com.au and expedia.com.au – then play them all off each other!

Flight Centre guarantees to beat any similar airfare by 10%…so you’d easily save $150-$200 each if you found something cheaper.

I have used a fantastic agent in Perth for the last ten years of my travels and would gladly recommend him and very highly at that. Let me know if you would like his details.

• 10 Jan 2011 Explorer1226278 said

Default_avatar

Our travel agent rang up Contiki and got us flights from Melb to Sydney Qantas, then Sydney to London on British Airways. Both flights together only cost 1800 because apparently you can get specials through Contiki so I would look into that if I were you. We leave on Jan 20th

• 11 Jan 2011 RebeccaAnn said

RebeccaAnn

if you book your flight through contiki you get a discount of $100/person. however, it doesnt always mean thats going to be the cheapest flight you can get. the last time i went (july 10) i booked flights through contiki just because it was easier and the price ended up being pretty competitive. just google and see what you can find, as others have said definately look around if you want a good cheap flight Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Jan 2011 Bowlerbec said

Default_avatar

I travelled in May/June last year and flew Emirates… $1900 return from Melbourne. Stopover through Dubai.

I agree with Pina, definitely pays to shop around, don’t always let a travel agent talk you into a certain airline cos it may not be the cheapest or the best. Webjet is also a good website to check out all the current deals, I would just suggest not booking through them due to their high fees.

• 13 Jan 2011 Tpain89 said

Tpain89

I only paid $1400 for mine flying british airways/qantas

• 13 Jan 2011 Naomi_13 said

Naomi_13

im flying from melb in june , i payed 2080 for mine flying with Qatar air

• 17 Jan 2011 Rhiannon said

Rhiannon

I am doing London-Athens + Greek Islands.
    My flight into London and out of Athens was $1800 AUD with Emirates for June 13th and flying out July 26th

• 17 Jan 2011 Leah said

Leah

Hi there I booked In December Adelaide – Sydney – London and I got my return flight for $1778 with malaysian airlines!

• 19 Jan 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rhiannon:
    I am doing London-Athens + Greek Islands.
    My flight into London and out of Athens was $1800 AUD with Emirates for June 13th and flying out July 26th

Did you get that through a travel agent or Emirates?

• 20 Jan 2011 Rhiannon said

Rhiannon

through a travel agent… sta travel, it was an under 26 fare.

• 20 Jan 2011 Bri said

Bri

I just booked yesterday and paid $6800 for:

-Return flights to London with Etihad Airways
    -European Adventurer (priced on the site at $5225
    -1 night pre and 1 night post tour at the Royal National

I think I got a pretty good deal, I have to have it all paid off a bit sooner than the 45 days before departure but I’m still happy with it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion