Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe July 2013?

15 Aug 2012 James asked

James

Hey all. Thinking of taking the European Panorama in July 2013. Is anyone keen to come on an epic adventure around europe?

• 15 Aug 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

awesome tour. just did it this past spring and it was the best 4 weeks of my life. I wish I could do it all over again next year!

• 15 Aug 2012 James said

James

oh excellent. its good to get some feedback from previous travellers. what would you say in your experience was the highlight of the trip? and how was the age range?

• 16 Aug 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

The trip itself was great, but for me it was the people on the trip that made it such a great experience. I decided to go alone and I wasnt sure how this trip was going to be since none of my friends back home were going to be there but it’s really awesome how close you get with your tourmates when you spend 4 weeks straight with each other. You’ll definitely be depressed for a bit once your tour is over when you wake up in the morning and don’t see any of your tourmates. Youngest person was 18, oldest was 33, but I would say most were between 23 and 28.

As for the highlights with regards to activities, I’d definitely say the white water rafting, the bungee jump, and the Mt. Titlus activites. Do all the optional activities as well because they’re a good way to get to know your tourmates. Plus a few of them are starting points for your big nights out. The only one I didn’t do was the Mozart concert (only 10 did it) because it just isnt my thing.

It’s a long tour, so make sure you pace yourself when it comes to your drinking. Obviously don’t shy away from your big nights where your tour manager takes you out on the town because those are your best nights.

• 4 Oct 2012 Maddy said

Default_avatar

Hey, thinking of doing it as well!
    Awesome to hear some feedback from the tour too.
    How many people roughly go on it, do you know?

• 4 Oct 2012 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

over 40

• 4 Oct 2012 Kyz03 said

Kyz03

I’m tossing up between this one and European Explorer!

• 4 Oct 2012 Kyz03 said

Kyz03

I’m tossing up between this one and European Explorer!

• 4 Oct 2012 James said

James

Hey kyz, u should definitely go on the european panorama. I called contiki
    And they said the most popular are the european vista and the european
    Panorama. Im booked in for the panorama leaving london on the 22nd july 2013.
    When were u thinking of going?

• 4 Oct 2012 Kyz03 said

Kyz03

Hmmm, I just think for a few extra days you get to see 6 more countries? I’ve not travelled to Europe at all before, so completely in the dark about it – but super excited. I was thinking April/May.. I don’t think I can hold out any longer!

• 4 Oct 2012 James said

James

thats true about a few more countries, however after u see a whole bunch of countries and touristy stuff it might all become a blur.lol. i remember when i went to cambodia in 2005 we saw a few temples and they were amazing, then we saw a few more and they were ok, then by the end of it.. i was all templed out. ive got a friend that lives in austria and she said the best time to go to europe is july – september because its warm and the weather is alot better. after the tour i will be touring around europe for a few extra weeks. how long have u got in europe ?

• 5 Oct 2012 Kyz03 said

Kyz03

You’re right about that, I do want to see as much as possible, but don’t want to get sick of it. I don’t really have a plan at the moment – I’m not sure whether to get extended leave from work and just go for a month or two, or whether to just pack it in and go for 6 months+. I may do a bit of Asia and then maybe head to Europe June/July possibly.. just so ready to leave now!

• 6 Oct 2012 James said

James

I know what u mean.. I cant wait till nxt july. I havent had a holiday in 6 years. I firmly believe that half
    The fun is counting down to departur. To be honest, I was thinking the same thing about whether or not to f quit my job, sell my car and go over for 6 months, but if you havent been before, u might not even like it that much. So im going over for a “trial period” and if I like it ill go back for longer. Ur really trying to pack alot into ur holiday with asia aswell.lol. Have you ever travelled before?

• 6 Oct 2012 Kyz03 said

Kyz03

Yep, I’ve done travelling before (I go on at least one holiday every year), but that’s only to Australia and the Pacific Islands.. so this will be my first big trip. I know what you mean about “trial period”, I’ll probably end up just asking work for extended leave. I’ve just got to decide which Contiki to do and what date, then the rest I can just see what happens. Least you’ve booked yours!

• 7 Oct 2012 Maddy said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    I haven’t been over seas before so this is very exciting for me! I am still trying to budget (as a uni student) but we will see how it goes :)

• 8 Oct 2012 James said

James

hey kyz, from one of your earlier posts, I was the same. I had no plans and wasnt sure when i wanted to go, what i wanted to see or who i wanted to go with (if anyone at all). Time was ticking away, passing me by so i just made a date.
    Have u decided which tour u would like to do or at least narrowed it down? its only a little over 9 months till my tour departs. everyweeks down is that bit closer to a holiday.i cant wait!

• 8 Oct 2012 Kyz03 said

Kyz03

Yep, I think I’m going to do the same tour as you, but probably at the end of May/early June. Then I’ll go Sail Crotia as heard that’s awesome. It would’ve been good if you were on the tour – but don’t think I can wait until July! Hopefully we have the time of our lives though :)

• 9 Oct 2012 James said

James

oh really? and your not going to join me!? lol. you definitely should wait and come on the same tour as me. its only another month longer to wait.. and i could make you a deal, if you come on my tour, i will come on a tour around croatia with you. i think thats pretty fair if you prepared to compromise.lol

• 18 Oct 2012 Abigail said

Default_avatar

I’m going on the panarama, too! Except I’m leaving late May. Soon as I graduate :P Going by myself and kind of nervous since I usually only go away with my friends/family. I’m excited, though!

• 19 Oct 2012 James said

James

Hey Abi, ur going to have the best time. However, if its at all possible, I highly reccomend changing ur travel dates to the 22nd july departure :) I cant really change mine as ive already booked the time off work. And just think, the longer uve got to wait, the more suspence there will be. To be honest I think the suspence is half the fun.

• 21 Oct 2012 tommydee said

Default_avatar

Honestly I’ve checked this tour out and it seems like a fun tour. Ive never traveled alone overseas, so it would be a great experience for me!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.