Community_discussions_small  

Comment

November or December and other general queries...

19 Jul 2006 Cath84 said

Default_avatar
Hi all!

Ok, so i know this has probably been addressed 1000's of times, but is
it better to go in november or december? What's the weather like? Is it
still pretty cold in the South Isle at that time of year? I'm planning
on going on the Grand Explorer...

Also, another stupid question but... I was looking at the 'what to
bring' list and i was wondering whether people generally brought along:
suitcases or rucksacks? Is it really neccessary to bring dressy/going
out stuff along, or is there not really a chance to do that sort of
stuff on the Grand Explorer? (as much as i'd love to go out partying on
the town, i don't want to bring and unneccessay stuff with me)

Cheers,

Catherine
  • 20 Jul 2005 Gargantuan said

Default_avatar

Hey Catherine,

I’m sure if you read through more of the posts or as you do more research you’ll find good answers, but I myself will be going on the Grand Explorer leaving November 17th. This will be the end of spring, and I’ve been told the spring growths/foliage/plants/flowers are a sight to see during this time, and the weather will be just right going into summer. But it’s also well known that weather can change at a moments notice in NZ, so if you want more reassurance about warm weather January/February seems like a popular time. Good luck on planning your trip!

:P

• 29 Jul 2005 Mella said

Default_avatar
    Kia Ora,
    I myself have been to NZ, however I went from July-October a couple years ago.  It was towards the end of Winter and the beginning of Spring.  Once it got to October it was beginning to get warmer, however the nights are still kind of cool.  I did only stay in the TeAtatu Peninsula and Wainuiomata (near Auckland and Wellington) so I was only on the North Island, so I brought only suitcases since I was staying put.  It may actually be advisable to bring a rucksack.  Just be sure you know the weight limits on luggage no matter which.  Airports are pretty big on it.  The countryside is beautiful during this time of year too so make sure you have a camera to capture as much as you can.  I don’t know how much time you’ll actually spend in Auckland or Wellington, but if you get a free day in either, I’d suggest walking around, or even taking the busses to different places.  They honestly don’t cost much.  Britomart in Auckland is wonderful for being informative.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or whatever else.  I do have a couple of friends that live in NZ and if I don’t know the answer, I’m sure they do.  Blessed Be!
    Ka Kite,
    Melissa

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.