Community_discussions_small  

Question

How is it in USA going on contiki and partying... but being under 21?!?!

22 Oct 2007 fachers asked

Default_avatar
Hi everyone,
I would love to go on a Contiki in the USA in the next year or so. Problem is I have just turned 19. I don't want to go on one and then not be able to party it up every night because I am under 21 and can't get drinks. Might ahve to wait until I'm 21. Have many other travellers found this problem??
Cheers,
Elise
  • 23 Oct 2007 Kristi said

Kristi

Yeah they are VERY strict around here on serving drinks when you are under age. Most clubs and bars you can’t even get in if you are under 21. If you really want to drink my only suggestion would be to “pre-party” at the hotel and then go to a 18 and older club. I am sure your TM would have suggestions on what to do in this situation as I am sure many people traveling will be in the same situation as you

• 24 Oct 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Well you are now old enough to handle alcohol and vote but not consume alcohol. And places are very strict about under age drinking. I suggest as mentioned before finding a couple of good under 21 clubs and I know in certain areas there are some good ones like in Vegas and LA.

You don’t need to drink to have a good time. Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:--> Imagine that! I’m 35 and I always have a good time. I prefer to spend the same amt of money on a couple of bottles and relax. But thats just me.

• 24 Oct 2007 SarahC1988 said

Default_avatar

hey im 19 years old and am doing contiki america in November.. well i leave next week.. First time overseas and at first i was abit worried about not getting into places but i know there will always be other things to do and for me drinking isnt a priority.. am sure us underages can drink up at the hotels anyway hehehe..
    also i go clubing most weekends here so if i get into afew clubs il be happy but yea just being in a America will be awsome so if i get into clubs thats a bonus.. Jus hope im not the only udnerage Cant wait!

• 24 Oct 2007 tarachristine88 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I was 19 when i did the Western Highlights tour this summer, and to be honest there was only one night which i remember being a little bit sucky cos of my age. The majority of the time, we had ‘drink-ups’ in our rooms which was heaps of fun or, in some places, i went out with the rest earlier and was able to stay with them.. in san diego i was able to get into a bar and a friend bought me some drinks. It’s all luck of the draw i guess.. have fun!!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.