Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Euro Magic 12th July 2009

26 Mar 2009 Missy said

Missy
HiSmiler
Me and my friend Tash are going on this trip and I was just wondering who else is?
This is my first big trip overseas by myself, I can't wait!

Missy
  • 13 Apr 2009 Marc.L said

Marc.L

Hey Leanne,

Very Possible…might be something to look into…

Best Regards,

• 21 Apr 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Hey Marc – I checked my Tube map and it shows Heathrow connecting to Russell Square right on the Piccadilly line, so we won’t have to switch lines.

Has anyone done anything to prep for the trip yet? Besides save money – hah! I’m still looking for a good day bag. I can’t wait for the trip, it’s going to be awesome!

• 21 Apr 2009 Tash said

Tash

Hi!

I haven’t done too much planning really… I have found a good day bag though. It was real cheap (only like 5 quid) and it’s a shoulder bag so people can’t grab it off me haha and it has lots of cool zippers and compartments everywhere for camera, phone, passport and everything Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> I know it’s also really important to keep your money separated so a big lot doesn’t get stolen but that’s kind of a given Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Apr 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Ooo, that sounds like a good day bag – lots of zippers and stuff would be perfect. I like shoulder bags also, that’s what I used last time. I’ll probably get a shoulder bag this time too, but something a bit bigger then before. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Apr 2009 Marc.L said

Marc.L

hey Leanne,
    Haven’t really even though about anything yet…still too far away…good day bag…i have mine from MEC (Mount Equipment Co-op) it’s a shoulder pack…i’ve travelled with it many times before…it works great…it was like $20.00…

Best Regards,

• 7 May 2009 Marc.L said

Marc.L

Hey Guys…

I was just thinking…and it totally hit me…the trip is only 65 days away…i’m getting really excited! Can’t Wait!

• 7 May 2009 Missy said

Missy

I know! I leave in 50 days for England so I am getting so excited XD

Really can’t waitBig Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Missy

• 12 May 2009 Marc.L said

Marc.L

Leanne….how are you getting to the airport in Paris??? Metro…Taxi…Shuttle…i just had a look at the hotel that we are staying at Ibis Hotel Porte d’Orleans Paris Montrouge… this is sooooo far from the Airport…trying to figure this out on how i’m going to get there…Let me know what your doing…

• 13 May 2009 Marc.L said

Marc.L

Ok…so…i just booked my theater tickets to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert on the 11Jul09…I’m so excited…it’s apparently really really good…Leanne…we were discussing a while back going to check out london together…are you still up for that?…i want to make a list of things to see before i get there…just an FYI…you may want to contact your travel agent…Transat Holidays has the London Visitor Tube Card for $22CAD unlimited travel in zones 1 and 2…this is a great deal! I think i’m going to get one as well…i don’t know if any of you gals have Facebook…if so…feel free to add me… Marc Lindsey…

Best Regards,

• 17 May 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Hey Marc

Sorry, I’ve been away for awhile. I can’t believe how close the trip is getting! I know on the day of departure from Paris that the Contiki bus is offering a free ride to the Paris airport – I think it arrives around 10am. I took a cab from the Ibis the last time and it was just under 50 euros (we paid 50 euros with tip). I’m spending an extra day in Paris so I’ll be taking a cab.

As for checking out London, I’m totally up for that! I would really like to do the London Eye, and then whatever else you’re up for. I’ve been to London before so I’ve seen a lot of it, and I’m cool with whatever you want to see. The travel card would be great too. It’s definitely good to have an unlimited Tube pass – it makes it so much easier to zip around the city with that. I’ll have to check that out.

Has anyone worked out budgeting yet? I’m trying to decide how much of each currency I’ll need. I usually budget around 100 euros/day. For London we’ll need pounds and I think Switzerland is Swiss Francs. Is anyone doing any of the optionals?

• 17 May 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Hey Everyone

For a Tube travel card, visitbritain.com has the zones 1-2 for $10.00 Canadian here: VisitBritain.com

I’m pretty sure this is what I bought when I went to London last time, but our flight was delayed and we didn’t get to use it. This doesn’t include transfer from Heathrow airport (that’s outside of zones 1/2, and is $14.00). Has anyone else looked into this card? I’m thinking of buying one for our day in London.

• 18 May 2009 Andross said

Andross

Hellllo alll… guess what? im on board 2 hehehe i cant wait this is my first time going overseas on my own its gonna be awesome and sounds like you ppl are easy to get along wit hehe…i get into london on the 9th n goin old trafford for a day then coming back on 10th

21 m from australia – single hehe

• 18 May 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Hey Andross! That’s pretty cool that you’re going on this tour too – it should be lots of fun, I can’t wait! I’m also going solo and it’s my first time overseas by myself so you’re not alone.

• 18 May 2009 Andross said

Andross

oh yay hehe we can be best buddies then lol

add me on msn anyone if u want to get to know a lil bit more bout me b4 we travel together

malteseee@msn.com

kk cyas :-)

• 19 May 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

I ordered my day bag today. Went with the Pac-Safe because a lot of people seem to recommend it… MetroSafe 200.

• 19 May 2009 Marc.L said

Marc.L

Hey Leanne,

I was thinking of doing the London Eye and some of the other attractions like the London Bridge, Buckinham palace, Big Ben, Westminister Abbey…all of these in the morning and maybe Madame Tussauds in the afternoon…theres a meeting in the basement sometime in the afternoon…then i have to get ready…I’m going to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert at 1930…

Let me know what you think…

Best Regards,

• 19 May 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Hey Marc

That sounds good! I’m totally up for doing the London Eye and Madame Tussauds. I’ve seen the rest but I’ll tag along again – I’m cool with that! I think our meeting is at 6pm – dinner, and then I think walk through Covent Garden. I missed it last time so I’m not exactly sure.

Did you see the link I posted above about the Tube card for $10? I’m thinking of picking up one of those. Also, last time I went I purchased passes in the Contiki basement for attractions and they were cheaper than paying at the attractions themselves. Probably will do that again this time.

• 20 May 2009 Lizette said

Lizette

Hi Everyone! My boyfriend Col and I are going on the European Magic trip also. I’m from the U.S. and he’s from Australia. We’ll be in the U.K. a week and a half before the the tour starts though. Can’t wait. Its just around the corner. See you all soon. Can’t wait to meet everyone =)

• 21 May 2009 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Hey Lizette – that’s so cool that you’re going on the trip too! It’s getting close, just over a month away. Where in the states are you from?

• 21 May 2009 Lizette said

Lizette

Hi Leanne! I’m from LA and I see your from Ontario so we are pretty much neighbors =) I’ve never been to Europe before. Super excited Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion