Community_discussions_small  

Question

Carry on bags on the bus??

7 Aug 2007 Meaghan asked

Meaghan
What exactly are we aloud to take on the bus??

I will be taking a handbag for my camera, money etc and was wondering if I can then take a small bag or back pack as well that can be left in the over head compartment on the bus or do you have to take everything with you each time you get of the bus??

Any advice??

Confused
  • 7 Aug 2007 Amy said

Default_avatar

Hi Megz, I did the Great Britain and Southern Ireland tour in ‘04 and I took just a backpack on the bus containing my camera and a jacket and wore a money belt and found that was sufficient. WE were able to leave our bags on the bus if we wanted to. I’m doing the Grand Canadian tour leaving next Friday and will be doing the same, although I’ve down sized the size of my backpack this time as I found it baulky last time. I hope this helps you – Amy

• 8 Aug 2007 Nina said

Default_avatar

Hiya

I have just come back from 2 tours in the USA. I took my handbag and a small backpack or tog bag on the bus. It was sufficient. I kept my wallet and camera in my handbag. We were allowed to leave our tog bags on the bus.

The only thing that they are sticky about is that you don’t take more than 1 main bag.

My advice… make sure you have an extra sweater or tracksuit top in the togbag you take onto the bus. We were caught in a sudden rainstorm. Unfortunately, I didn’t bring an extra tracksuit top and caught the flu.

Hope this helps
    Nat

• 19 Jan 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

Hi all
    I’ve done heaps of contiki tours and in america you can only have one suitecase under the bus no questions. I had a smaller suitcase(cabin size) which i thought i could also put under the bus but was not allowed too. I would just take one suitcase and a much smaller(no wheels)cabin bag that yoy can pop over your shoulder. This ios definately what I will be doing when I return to america in 5 months time!
    Cheers
    lisa
    If anyone else needs travel advice email me at mysterygirl01@hotmail.com

Grand Northern June 27 ‘08/California Highlights July 23rd ‘08

• 20 Jan 2008 kelcop said

Default_avatar

does anyone know the size limit for your bag under the bus? my mum bought me a suitcase and it is HUGE! is there limits??

• 21 Jan 2008 Hel&Edd said

Default_avatar

There defo is a size limit, which is explained on the Contiki luggage section, which tells you the ideal dimensions and weight limit.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion