Community_discussions_small  

Question

LA to the BAY departing 24 April 2013 :)

24 Aug 2012 miss_meg asked

miss_meg

Flatmate and I have just booked this trip (we are Kiwi's) this is my second Contiki and my flatmate's first real holiday and both our first time to USA so we are very excited! Not really sure what to expect of USA is anyone else going on this trip? does anyone have any advice for us? Looking fwd to meeting fellow travellers.
Meg

• 20 Jan 2013 Elise said

Elise

Hi Meg
    I have just booked on this trip also
    This will be my first Contiki and I am travelling on my own – I have never done anything like this before, so I am a little nervous and excited all at the same time.
    Elise

• 20 Jan 2013 miss_meg said

miss_meg

Hi Elise, yay glad to meet someone else going, i did my first contiki begining of last year and i was on my own too but i guarantee you will be fine and its so good for confidence building! where are you from?

• 21 Jan 2013 Elise said

Elise

I’m so glad to hear that! It is definitely exactly what I need.
    I’m from Adelaide in South Australia. How about yourself?
    I just found and joined the ‘Meet Up’ group and posted a message on there as well.

• 21 Jan 2013 miss_meg said

miss_meg

thats great Elise you will have blast! check my post in there that has a link to my facebook, your welcome to add me if you have facebook :) me and my flatmate doing the trip together and we are from West of Auckland in NZ :)

• 21 Jan 2013 Elise said

Elise

Fantastic! I will do that
    I look forward to meeting the both of you
    : )

• 7 Feb 2013 Sheree said

Default_avatar

Hey Elise and Meg,
    I have just booked this trip as well and doing it solo. I am very excited and looking forward to the trip. Bring on April :)
    I am having trouble trying to get into the "meet up’ group so im just on the forum and seeing who else is doin the same tour. Im from Perth

• 7 Feb 2013 Elise said

Elise

Hi Sheree
    Great to hear that you’re coming on this trip – I am also going Solo : )
    When do you arrive in LA? Did you manage to book into the pre-tour hotel – DoubleTree Downtown?
    Here is the link to the meet-up page – not sure if this will work for you as I had to log in to get the link.
    http://www.contiki.com/community/meeting-rooms/41692

Hope to see you in the meet-up room soon : )

Elise

• 7 Feb 2013 tracysyd said

tracysyd

hi guys,
    I am not doing the la to the bay but i think my tour starts with yours? i don’t know if we’re all like on the same bus but it has the same itinerary for the first 8 days. I’m doing the western highlights so I finish in las vegas. Anyway I’m flying solo too so you never know we might all meet up.
    Tracy

• 7 Feb 2013 Sheree said

Default_avatar

Hey Elise how exciting its going to be such an amazing experience.
    I’ll be in LA a couple days before the tour starts but I don’t think I’m staying at Double Tree Downtown I’m currently finalizing my accommodation now and just looking at some cheaper places. Is that where your staying? Thanks for that will see u in the meet up room :)

• 7 Feb 2013 Sheree said

Default_avatar

Hi Tracey,
    I was going to do that tour but changed my mind :) I think we do mix with your tour in between places so I’m sure we will see you.
    It’s getting closer now :)

• 10 Feb 2013 tracysyd said

tracysyd

Hey Sheree, glad to hear from a few others who’ll be around on the tour as well, although as you say whether we’re all together or not. Definitely getting excited now!

• 4 Mar 2013 Chrissy said

Chrissy

Hey guys. I’m Chrissy. From SA, I’ll be joining you guys on the tour. SOOOOO amped. I’ve done a European Contiki before. I’l be flying solo. Looking forward to the states. Had a little balls up with my pre accomodation booking so I won’t be staying at the double tree. Does anyone know of any accomodation close to the double tree hotel.

• 4 Mar 2013 miss_meg said

miss_meg

Hey Chrissy I’m Meg from NZ, nice to meet you! Dont stress too much about double tree, it seems they have a huge event going on at that time because my flatmate and I (who is coming on the trip with me) were trying to book from August 2012 with no availablity! pretty crazy huh, we have booked at ‘Stay on Main’ in LA downtown which is a 4 min walk away, have a look on Expeida you will find something nearby :)

• 4 Mar 2013 Chrissy said

Chrissy

Nice to meet you too bud. Meeting people that I’m gonna travel with is making me SO excited. Just got my visa today. :) I’l try to book there. At least I’ll know someone there then. Is there a facebook group or something I can join?

• 5 Mar 2013 Sheree said

Default_avatar

Hey Chrissy nice to meet u Im also very excited not long now!! That’s really weird becoz I only booked my trip in January and I got a booking at Doubletree but that’s ok wil all be together on the tour very soon

• 5 Mar 2013 Sheree said

Default_avatar

I don’t no if there is a Facebook group Chrissy sorry if there is il join :)

• 5 Mar 2013 tracysyd said

tracysyd

Hey guys can anyone tell me the exact name and address of the doubletree Hilton that we start at? Or alternatively please remind me what document it tells us that on? I know I have read it and I can’t find it and it’s driving me nuts!! I am staying in west Hollywood for a few days before the tour as I need to be at ucla for a few days but google maps tells me there is one in Santa Monica and one at 120 S Los Angeles st? I’m doing the slightly shorter tour to you guys so I’ll double check my documents just to be certain but if anyone can give me a heads up that would be great. Seem to be having massive blonde moments today! Thanks

• 5 Mar 2013 miss_meg said

miss_meg

Hi Tracy, here is a link to Contiki’s double tree: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-los-angeles-downtown-LAXDTDT/index.html?W.srch=1&searchdef=2137956&002=002D21379566021D909676&006=12864509774&007=Search&008=&009=e&012=doubletree+los+angeles+downtown hope this helps!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.