Community_discussions_small  

Question

Shoes?

24 Aug 2012 Clare85 asked

Clare85

Hi,
I'm travelling right around Europe from the start of October to the start of December (eastern Europe, western Europe, Spain/Portugal). I need some advice on what 'comfortable walking shoes' people took. Runners? Hiking boots? Street shoes?
Advice from Aussies would be appreciated so I can find whatever shoes you mention here in Melbourne :)
Cheers!

• 24 Aug 2012 amber said

amber

I’m from Sydney, going to Europe for 3 weeks in less than a month & I’m looking at getting Skechers. They are as comfy as a pair of runners & come in a million different colours. I’m just deciding whether or not they look too ‘sporty’ to wear everywhere. I’m definitely going for comfort but I don’t want to look like a dag! Check out their website to find where you can buy them in Melbourne. Go to the store though, coz the website doesn’t have as good a variety as the stores do.

• 24 Aug 2012 Clare85 said

Clare85

Hey Amber, yes, I have sporty type shoes, I know what you’re saying! Thanks, I’ll take a look at Skechers :)

• 29 Aug 2012 Tamika said

Tamika

I have travelled around parts of the world and honestly if you are doing walking I would go for high ankle hiking boots, they may not be fashionable but honestly, you are travelling to experience and view the world, not going to a fashion show. They are also extremely comfortable, breathable and water proof, save your back from hurting the day after :)
    http://www.kathmandu.com.au/Hiking_&Daywalking/Footwear/32093/Keen_PyreneesWomens.html#
    I know they are expensive but I have had mine for 4 years and they are as comfortable and durable as the day I got them !

• 29 Aug 2012 Clare85 said

Clare85

Good advice :) In fact on the weekend I bought some Columbia Wallawallas- on sale at Mountain Designs for $139. They’re very comfy, supportive and waterproof!

• 31 Aug 2012 Tamika said

Tamika

Awesome, I hope you have a lovely and safe trip :)

• 31 Aug 2012 Clare85 said

Clare85

Thanks Tamika! :)

• 17 Sep 2012 hartsj9 said

Default_avatar

Shoes are shoes really. I did the euro inspiration over last Christmas and made do with 1 pair of Puma runners, 1 pair of flat semi dressy suede boots and 1 pair of flat semi dressy leather boots. I would recommend bringing at least 2 pairs of shoes though. I switched my shoes every second or third day to avoid feet getting sore and it worked great.

• 5 Oct 2012 mel said

Default_avatar

hey i recently did a europe trip i wore wore running shoes so did some others. but i brought jandals because it was so hot. most people wore dressy sandals everyday

• 11 Oct 2012 Katy said

Katy

Pretty much everyone on my contiki wore vans/converse or thongs depending on the weather and none of us had a problem with that but i also took a pair of ballet flats for night time :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion