Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Inspiration 24th September 2012

24 Aug 2012 Rob_23 asked

Default_avatar

Hey can't wait for my first coniki!
If you're comin on this trip to please let me know...

• 24 Aug 2012 amber said

amber

Hey Rob, I’m on this tour awell. Join the Meet Up, there are about 12 of us there so far.

• 24 Aug 2012 Rob_23 said

Default_avatar

Hey amber,
    Thanks for the reply, i just tried to join but for some reason they have me registered to do the thailand contiki.
    It keeps taking me to that meet up group and i can’t find a way to switch it.
    when i called contiki they said i’ll have to wait until next week when hopefully it updates.
    Once it does tho i’ll definitely join the group, i’m heading in solo so the more ppl i get to know
    before the trip the better.

• 26 Aug 2012 amber said

amber

Hey Rob,
    Yeah, that’s the Contiki website for ya. I haven’t even checked in yet but for some reason I can still access the Meet Up. We’ll just talk here until you can join. There are a few people in the Meet Up who are solo so you’ll be fine. So you’re form Perth, I’m from Sydney. I’m going with my b/f Scott, we’re staring to get so excited, we leave in 26 days. So what made you choose Inspiration? For me I narrowed it down to Hotel tours, then slow pace tours, then I think Inspiration was the only one of those that finished in Paris. Most of the tours start in Paris. I’ve wanted to go there for so long so I thought it would be a great way to end the tour.

• 29 Aug 2012 Rob_23 said

Default_avatar

Hey amber
    Good to hear another aussie will be there, and that there are some solo people as well. I chose Inspiration for the same reasons
    as you actually the hotel and relaxed or slower pace plus we go to most of the cities i’ve always wanted to visit.
    Friends have also told me oktoberfest was one of the best festivals they have been to in europe so that was also a huge plus.
    Do you guys start in London i’m thinking of getting there a day or so early. not sure yet

• 29 Aug 2012 amber said

amber

Don’t worry, there will be plenty of Aussies! Most of the people in the Meet Up are Aussie. Scott & I chose the 24th just for Oktoberfest, more for him than me. I looked on some websites for the tents the other day & most of them are all sold out, which sux becasue you can’t get served a drink unless you’re sitting down. I wish I knew when I booked Contiki in Feb that you needed to book a table so far in advance, but maybe we’ll get lucky with some of the smaller tents. Definitely can’t go to Oktoberfest & not drink a beer!
    We arrive in London on the 22nd & spend 2 nights there before the tour & 1 night after. 2 days before is for sight seeing & the 1 day after is for me to go shopping.
    So if you haven’t decided when you’re getting there I guess that means you haven’t booked your flights yet?

• 2 Sep 2012 Rob_23 said

Default_avatar

Oktoberfest with no beer… That shouldn’t even be aloud. I’m also surprised they didn’t make the reservations for us seems like a really obvious thing to do. I start my holiday in Amsterdam on the 19th and also arrive in London on the 22nd. I’m Hoping to travel to London from Amsterdam using the rail system but i’m not sure yet.

• 3 Sep 2012 amber said

amber

I know right! I don’t even drink beer but I’m definitely having one! Yeah, because when the tour goes to Munich when Oktoberfest isn’t on, it goes to a beer hall so you’d think they’d make a reservation? Maybe they do? Who knows, I guess we’ll have to wait until we get there.
    Is that the Eurostar you’re going to get from Amsterdam? We’re getting it from Paris to London, instead of staying on the bus on the last day of the tour. Gives us an extra day in Paris & we get back at the same time as the bus anyway, without being stuck on the bus all day. Have you booked your flights yet?

• 6 Sep 2012 Bec(: said

Bec(:

Hi again Amber! And hi Rob :) My names Bec, and im traveling with my boyfriend Cameron :) Oktoberfest is by far the thing he’s looking forward to the most, so we’ve done a lot of research haha.
    I’ve emailed my travel agent about ‘tickets’ and such, and he hasnt gotten back to me, but if you have a sticky beak at this page ( http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/article/About+the+Oktoberfest/About+the+Oktoberfest/Dates+and+General+FAQs/751/ ) you’ll see that you dont have to pay entry to either the showground or the beer tents, and only the attractions and the actual beer costs.
    You dont have to, and you cant even if you wanted to, book or reserve a tent without contacting the actual owner of the tent. Its first in best dressed. But you can certainly just waltz on in there as long as theres room. Unfortunately for us though, we’re traveling through Duchau on our ‘first’ day in Munich, and only have the afternoon, and then the next day we have touring with contiki. So i guess we’ll just have to pop in whenever we can? haha.

Im not going to book for that reason. Im not sure when we’ll be able to go. Cam and I will just be going when we have a chance and hopefully score a seat! :) you’re welcome to come with!

• 7 Sep 2012 Rob_23 said

Default_avatar

Hey Amber and Bec
    Unfortunately contiki still haven’t fixed my meet up option so I’m still unable to join the meet up for our group. I did get some good news tho regarding Oktoberfest! my friend works at contiki i only just found out she said that contiki have it sorted. When we get there we pay them on the bus apparently. Which is a huge relief cause Oktoberfest was one of the main reasons I chose this tour. So if anybody from our group is thinkin of buying tickets from the net or whatever let them know it’s all good. Hopefully I’ll be able to join the meet up before we start.

• 10 Sep 2012 amber said

amber

Thanks for the info Rob, that’s good to know we’ll be able to get a seat somewhere. On day 7 of the tour, we must go there at night instead of the beer hall for dinner. If there isn’t much else to do in Munich on day 8, we’ll probably go back again to see what it’s like during the day.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.