Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Whirl - bus breakdown/late arrival?

19 Dec 2006 jascat asked

Default_avatar
Hi there, I'm headed on the european whirl (6may 07) and need some advice on arrival times. I know the contiki bus is supposed to arrive back in London about 7pm. Does anyone know if the bus has ever broken down or been really late arriving back at london as I need to catch plane at 10pm that night. Cheers.
  • 19 Dec 2006 ptooma said

Default_avatar

A coach was actually stolen once … according to our driver who had many stories to tell …

- Vic

• 19 Dec 2006 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by jascat:
    Hi there, I’m headed on the european whirl (6may 07) and need some advice on arrival times. I know the contiki bus is supposed to arrive back in London about 7pm. Does anyone know if the bus has ever broken down or been really late arriving back at london as I need to catch plane at 10pm that night. Cheers.

I would not recommend leaving the same night, if you can possibly help it. There are just too many unknowns that could factor into your arrival time.

Also, even if you do get back to the hotel right on 7pm, it’ll probably take you about half an hour to get your bag and say your goodbyes and at least an hour and half to get to Heathrow from there so you’ll probably miss your check in time anyway.

Stay the extra night, it’s a much safer choice.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.