Community_discussions_small  

Question

Laptop??

16 Feb 2010 Explorer1167996 asked

Default_avatar
Did anyone take a laptop on tour with them? im thinking about it for the long road trips. im not camping so no weather dangers.

thanks!
  • 18 Feb 2010 Explorer1138930 said

Default_avatar

I am bringing my laptop, a bit nervous about it being lost or stolen but I am staying on in London with a working visa so i kind of need it. My insurance will cover too though if it does get stolen so maybe check with your insurance before you decide!

• 19 Feb 2010 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

My roommate had a netbook on my past Contiki tour and I went home and immediately bought one for traveling, and I’ll take mine next time for sure. It’s a pain to pay to use the hotel computers. It usually costs more money for the usage and they usually only have one computer station, which means on a tour of 50 people chances are you’ll be waiting for your turn. Some hotels we stayed in had free in-room internet, or you paid to use the computer in the lobby. Netbooks are really light and generally inexpensive and soooo worth having. Especially if you do a lot of communicating on the web. It also saves on long distance calls. I highly recommend taking one.

• 29 Mar 2010 miss_bek said

Default_avatar

well my bf will be taking his laptop but ill be taking ipod touch which has internet/email/music and other apps on it too but from what ive heard its common for ppl to take laptops with them! but def check with insurnce first

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.