Community_discussions_small  

Question

Laptop??

16 Feb 2010 Explorer1167996 asked

Default_avatar
Did anyone take a laptop on tour with them? im thinking about it for the long road trips. im not camping so no weather dangers.

thanks!
  • 18 Feb 2010 Explorer1138930 said

Default_avatar

I am bringing my laptop, a bit nervous about it being lost or stolen but I am staying on in London with a working visa so i kind of need it. My insurance will cover too though if it does get stolen so maybe check with your insurance before you decide!

• 19 Feb 2010 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

My roommate had a netbook on my past Contiki tour and I went home and immediately bought one for traveling, and I’ll take mine next time for sure. It’s a pain to pay to use the hotel computers. It usually costs more money for the usage and they usually only have one computer station, which means on a tour of 50 people chances are you’ll be waiting for your turn. Some hotels we stayed in had free in-room internet, or you paid to use the computer in the lobby. Netbooks are really light and generally inexpensive and soooo worth having. Especially if you do a lot of communicating on the web. It also saves on long distance calls. I highly recommend taking one.

• 29 Mar 2010 miss_bek said

Default_avatar

well my bf will be taking his laptop but ill be taking ipod touch which has internet/email/music and other apps on it too but from what ive heard its common for ppl to take laptops with them! but def check with insurnce first

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion