Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Partners

13 Aug 2008 Troy19792008 said

Troy19792008
What's it like being on Tour and having a partner back home? Or being at home, and having a partner on Tour?
  • 13 Aug 2008 CharleyGirl said

Default_avatar

I was also wondering that. My boyfriend can’t join me, as he is starting a new job an cannot get time off.

• 13 Aug 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

hi guys, i was the partner at home while the boyfried was on tour. He was in Europe for 2 months travelling alone & a month on contiki euro explorer. I can tell you it was hard for both of us, but as i couldnt get the time off work & didnt want to have him miss out on this experience we agreed he’d still go. We talked everyday on phone, email or text messages. He had a blast on his tour & enjoyed himself (even though at times didnt feel like partying as he missed me – as his tour mates told me later!) so for all the experiences he got im glad he went. It was very hard being at home missing having those experiences with him but as long as i got to talk to him everyday all was fine! A few other people we know had also went by themselves leaving their partner at home so there’s bound to be others in the same shoes on your tours. It can be done guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Enjoy your trips!
    Cheers Nic

• 13 Aug 2008 MeganSD said

MeganSD

I think it depends on the strength of your relationship- I go in oct and my bf and I had been together for over 2 years until a couple of weeks ago and the fact I’m travelling solo was a small part of the prob. I guess you just need to trust each other and you won’t have a problem. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Aug 2008 Ashley said

Default_avatar

hi, i have just returned from 5 weeks in Europe while my bf was at home. He couldn’t get leave. It was hard and we missed each other heaps. We got through it though, you email all the time, talk about once or twice a week so you are always in contact with each other. It definitely makes you realise how much you care for each other.
    Good luck.

• 13 Aug 2008 CubanQueen said

CubanQueen

i think that if you go into the trip with a strong relationship, you will walk out of it with one too. it’s all about honesty and trust. if you honestly love someone and see yourself with them in the future, then it will work out. everything happens for a reason Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> of course there will be nights of partying, but i can tell you that i went on the trip with someone back home, at the time we were going out and i had nooo problems staying in control. the fact is, you gotta think… is this person worth my relationship?

now for worst case scenario… my friend who went with me had a boyfriend back home. before the trip she jokingly asked her boyfriend (or so she said it was a joke) “would you mind if i hooked up with some hot italian man while in europe?” well i would have taken that as a hint (and it should have been!), and on the tour someone wanted to hook up with her. well not just hook up but go back to his room with her and well… u can get the picture. and she was honestly about to until i knocked her back into coherence! but the truth is, she got really upset that i “cock blocked” her and she STILL hasn’t forgiven me! i guess that proves how strong her relationship was!!

• 14 Aug 2008 Joolz314 said

Default_avatar

I experienced both… I was at home while my partner was on Contiki and then 2 months later I went on Contiki and left him at home.
    I think that being the one at home is worse because you get the phone calls and emails about how much fun they are having and you wish you could be there. While I missed my boyfriend while I was on my tour it was a little easier to deal with because I had made a heap of new friends and was having the time of my life

• 20 Aug 2008 shan28 said

Default_avatar

Hi !
    Thanks for all those opinions! I am about to embark on a three month trip doing uk and europe and leaving the BF at home. Am worried about missing him alot but more worried about him feeling like he is missing out. He has been os a few years ago however didn’t go to many places and it was a 2mth trip.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion