Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Best of USA 2010

24 Mar 2009 Kaz said

Default_avatar
Hi

Im heading off to Best of USA contiki tour late 2010. Is there anyone thinking or doing the same? Im from Perth, Australia and at the moment going by myself, I heard heaps of young people go solo?? Any advise (scary stuff)!!!

Kaz Smiler
  • 29 May 2009 Karly said

Default_avatar

Hi im also considering it as I thought it best as i dont turn 21 until next march, im thinking about going alone as well, pretty scary

• 3 Jun 2009 SilverV said

Default_avatar

Hi

i’m also planning to go 2010..and most probably alone. doesnt sound like its an issue going alone though? i’ve heard that most of the people are pretty friendly etc and u make friends quick..and also from the site before you go. so i dont know

but i cant wait anymore..only reason for not going this year is my leave days at work Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

oh and i’m from South Africa, Jhb

• 1 Jul 2009 Frenchy84 said

Frenchy84

Hi Everyone,

I am Jamie from Glasgow in Scotland. I am a 24 year old male and thinking about doing this tour next summer. Has anyone of yous ever travelled alone before? This would be my first time as I want to try something different as my friends are too boring to come along (cant keep them away from Ibiza lol)

Thanks

J

• 1 Jul 2009 smiley_0307 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!
    I’m also planning on going on the Best of the USA tour next year alone. I’m with you Frenchy, I need to see something new, my friends will be in Europe so i’ll be doing a world trip and meeting them there after the tour ends in New York. I’m a 22 year old female from Sydney Australia. A bit scared cause i’m kind of shy he he.

• 2 Jul 2009 SilverV said

Default_avatar

It seems like everyone is going to Europe..dont really know what the fuss is about, maybe the cheaper plane tickets from here lol
    all my friends end up going to France or London etc

at least i’ll be the only one thats been to the US..yay!
    although the going alone part sucks, i’m sure it will be the ‘Best’

dont worry about being shy..we’ll get you a glass of red wine to get you chirping lol

• 2 Jul 2009 Stacey - Leigh Manoek said

Default_avatar

Hi there, i am from South Africa, and i am also thinking of going on this tour. will this be your first contiki tour? i have been on their euro tours already
    Don’t worry about travelling, i travelled alone the last time and had a blast.

• 2 Jul 2009 Frenchy84 said

Frenchy84

I am glad their is so many peolpe in the same situation, This would be my first time doing anything like this :-) What dates are you guys thinking about going? Dont worry Smiley I feel the same Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 7 Jul 2009 smiley_0307 said

Default_avatar

LOL @ SilverV.. Sadly the red one intensifies my shyness! hahaha.

I know what you mean about everyone going to Europe, I’ve been there the last few years but not on Contiki so this will be my first!

Frenchy84 I’m glad we’re on the same level! I’m not quite sure about dates yet. Does anyone know what dates are good??

This forum is pretty cool at least you can speak before you meet!

• 7 Jul 2009 RachLM said

Default_avatar

Hi I am doing this tour Jan 09 2010. Is anybody else booked on this tour?

• 7 Jul 2009 BVM said

Default_avatar

I also plan on doing the Jan 09 2010 tour, I can’t wait.

Its the last place on my list of places I want to travel too.

I am a bit nervous because Im a relatively shy person and the rest of my tours I have done with with friends where I am doing this one by myself.

• 7 Jul 2009 SilverV said

Default_avatar

smiley and frenchy…when are you guys planning on going?

i’d like to go in the summer at least..no use freezing to death there too.
    i think somewhere between late June or early July should be better..any advice?

@Smiley – dont worry we’ll figure something out lol

• 8 Jul 2009 Frenchy84 said

Frenchy84

SilverV,

I defo plan to book for late June or July. I graduate in May so want uni finished first Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->The more I look at the brochure themore I want to book up just now. I e-mailed one of the reps and they said the new brochure with prices, departure dates etc will be out in August. Looks we need to leed the way on this one Smiley and SilverV lol…..

• 8 Jul 2009 smiley_0307 said

Default_avatar

SilverV and Frenchy, i’m also thinking about going in the summer. Most probably mid June or early July.

Would be great if we all end up on the same tour together!

The new brochures come out in Aus in September my travel agent said.

• 9 Jul 2009 Frenchy84 said

Frenchy84

SilverV and Smiley, That would be awesome if we could all go at the same time. I am flexible with work comittments so I could really book anytime that suits me. It would be so much better with people you have chatted with before hand go at the same time also

• 9 Jul 2009 smiley_0307 said

Default_avatar

Doesn’t matter if it’s far away! The year will go by very quickly Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I will join!

• 9 Jul 2009 SilverV said

Default_avatar

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i really hope it does…

coz i’m like.. sooooo excited haha

• 10 Jul 2009 Frenchy84 said

Frenchy84

I think I will set up a Facebook profile, most people are on it. I have always used Bebo instead. Are any you guys on Bebo?

Very true smiley, the year will fly in, well heres hoping anyway lol Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Jul 2009 Frenchy84 said

Frenchy84

Now a member Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Jul 2009 abs & dee said

Default_avatar

hey all im 25yr old chick from victoria aust. looking at going on best of usa sometiem in 2010. first trip on my own bit scary!! also looking into travelling to latin america and maybe a quick europe stop. Anyone else traveling around a bit.

• 17 Jul 2009 smiley_0307 said

Default_avatar

hey abs & dee

I’m a 22yr old girl from Syd doing the same thing next. Am thinking about going around June/July. After the US i’ll be heading to Spain and Greece.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion