Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Best of USA 2010

24 Mar 2009 Kaz said

Default_avatar
Hi

Im heading off to Best of USA contiki tour late 2010. Is there anyone thinking or doing the same? Im from Perth, Australia and at the moment going by myself, I heard heaps of young people go solo?? Any advise (scary stuff)!!!

Kaz Smiler
  • 1 Sep 2009 Kaz said

Default_avatar

Hey hayls

How did you go about booking your flights, tour and the extras – through a travel agent or through contiki direct?
    Im def going to stay in NY a couple of days after as well going need it hehe – what hotel you staying at?
    I really want to see Hawaii, your not going?

ps- are you on the facebook group Contiki USA 2010?

Kaz Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Perth, 26

• 4 Sep 2009 abs & dee said

Default_avatar

hey all

looks liek my holiday dates have changed i have to book best of usa 3rd july 2010 and hawaii !!

• 4 Sep 2009 Dave said

Dave
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kaz:
    Hey all

Has anyone actually booked in their flights and tour yet for the Best of USA 2010?

Kaz

Yup doing mine on the 13th of Feb 2010.. and also Kaz, I booked my stuff through Flight Centre.. They definitely hooked me up some good direct flights using V Australia, like a 150 dollars cheaper than me booking them.

• 5 Sep 2009 LucyR said

Default_avatar

Hello all, Is anyone thinking of booking on for March 10? I’ve just been to the travel agents today and I’m looking to book it all when I get paid end of this month for March 6th next year. Very scared as I’ve never done anything like this before and on my own too! Scary, but it seems like loads go alone so hopefully it won’t be bad.

• 6 Sep 2009 Pamela said

Default_avatar

Has anyone else seen that the Best of USA tour is now only 9 days long ater March 2010, but still the same price as the 13 day tour?

9 days is too short for me, I’m thinking about doing another trip instead.

• 7 Sep 2009 SilverV said

Default_avatar

yeah i agree, im gonna look at something else too

dont know why they had to shorten it! Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 7 Sep 2009 Kaz said

Default_avatar

Hi all

Ive contacted Contiki about this and they have replied with-
    This is going to take 24 hours – my apologies we need to wait on a reply from USA for this. I am almost 100% sure this is 13 days but we just need to get a notice back from USA.
    Contiki Crew

• 7 Sep 2009 Fluffysalamander said

Default_avatar

It also doesn’t allow you to book any tour before March. They cannot be full already? It makes me worried that they may be cancelled?

• 7 Sep 2009 jen said

Default_avatar

So is the Best of USA tour still be running before March 2010 for 13 days? Does anyone know? I was looking forward to going in Febuary, researched alot, and planning to book it this weekend. But now it doesnt seem like it.
    I messaged Contiki, so hopefully I’ll get a message soon. I’ll try calling them tomorrow, and let you guys know the outcome if u wants.
    Pretty upset now Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 7 Sep 2009 Kaz said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by abs & dee:
    hey all

looks liek my holiday dates have changed i have to book best of usa 3rd july 2010 and hawaii !!

Heya did ya end up booking for July and doing the Hawaiian stopover?

• 8 Sep 2009 -mulishatroop- said

-mulishatroop-

Hi all,

I have booked and paid for the Best of USA tour starting April 10th 2010. Has anybody else booked the same tour dates?
    I am a 24 year old female from NZ, travelling alone. This will be my first tour!

Thanks
    Alicia

• 8 Sep 2009 Kaz said

Default_avatar

Hey Mulishatroop

Im wanting to book asap like now for the Best of USA for next year but it appears the tour has changed cut back to 9 days from 13 days and cutting out LA?? Im spewing Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->
    Is this what you booked the 9 day tour?

• 8 Sep 2009 -mulishatroop- said

-mulishatroop-

Hi Kaz,

I booked and paid for this tour just last week and it was definitely for 13 days, starting in LA April 10th, ending in NY April 22nd.
    I also booked and paid for 2 nights accommodation in LA prior to the tour starting and 1 night in NY.

I booked the tour myself through Contiki not through a travel agent.
    You could try ringing them direct to confirm the length of the tour, but I’m certain it is 13 days. The free call Contiki contact number should be on the back of your Contiki brochure! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Are you thinking about doing this tour the same dates as I am Kaz??? (April 10-22, 2010)

• 10 Sep 2009 Dave said

Dave

Yup everything’s cool people. The 13 day trip is still in place.. This is what Contiki replied to me from my email.

Thank you for your email. We currently have an error on the website which is showing the Best of USA as a ten day tour. We are currently looking into amending this.
    At the moment we have not been notified of any changes and everything is as it was when you created your booking. Please see the Contiki brochure as a point of reference.

Matthew Sharp
    Reservations Sales Agent
    Contiki Holidays

I’m also going for the 13th of February 2010 Still..

• 10 Sep 2009 -mulishatroop- said

-mulishatroop-

Thanks for that Dave…should calm everyone’s thoughts about this tour now! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 12 Sep 2009 abs & dee said

Default_avatar

hey kaz

havent booked yet but my dates will def have to be 3rd july i think. will book in mth or so!!

what date have you decided on?

• 13 Sep 2009 Cristella said

Default_avatar

I asked my Contiki agent about this “tour change”. She consulted with their US head office and confirmed the tour is still 13 days and nothing else has changed.

• 29 Sep 2009 LozAus said

LozAus

Hi,

Im looking into booking the jan 9th 2010 tour. i am 21, from aus and travelling alone. im a bit nervous but very excited. anyone else doing this tour???

• 30 Sep 2009 Explorer1152402 said

Default_avatar

abs and dee . you have a facebook , may be easier…im nicole vracknos if u wana add, im looking at the BEST OF USA and possible separate countries.. look forward to hear from you

• 3 Oct 2009 Jess_86 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone is looking at doing this tour middle of next year……Like to chat with anyone that is thinking of doing it in August.

My sister and I are looking at doing the 14th departure.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.