Community_discussions_small  

Comment

PARIS- Where to stay after Contiki...

14 Jun 2007 Nadia said

Default_avatar
Just wondering if anyone has stayed in Paris recently???

My friend & I are doing the Euro Impressions Tour in Sept & we are departing the group in Paris...So now we need some place to stay!

Any recommendations,info, $$'s pls would be great...

NaDiA
  • 14 Jun 2007 Dancin' OCTD said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by mattyvcontiki:

Weekends are generally cheaper than weekdays too.

Why is that? I would have assumed it would be the other way around…

• 15 Jun 2007 Ryan said

Ryan
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dancin’ OCTD:
    quote:
    Originally posted by mattyvcontiki:

Weekends are generally cheaper than weekdays too.

Why is that? I would have assumed it would be the other way around…

prob. b/c no business ppl staying in the hotels on the weekends??

• 15 Jun 2007 K-Co said

Default_avatar

A good way to find a cheap hotel is to use expedia or travelocity and do a search there by price. Once you find some that you like in a good area, go to tripadvisor.com and see what people have to say about the place. It is a good place to get honest reviews as some smaller cheaper hotels don’t have websites to look at the rooms etc. I stayed in a hotel in Paris called Hotel D’ore a couple of years ago, it was near the Opera and was only a 2 star, but it was close to transit and we walked there from the Champs d’Elysee in about 30 minutes. The area seemed pretty safe. It wasn’t fancy, and very small, but it was cheap and included breakfast. We found it on Expedia.com. Also, check different sites because they will have different prices for the same hotel. Hotels.com is another one.

• 17 Jun 2007 Nadia said

Default_avatar

Thanks to you all for your much needed help…

Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 26 Jun 2007 TriNiTy82 said

Default_avatar

My sister and I are spending an extra 3 days in Paris after our European Encounter tour… then flying to Athens after to do the Aegean Classic Cruise. Anyways, Paris is pretty expensive and Contiki doesn’t have a deal with the hotel if you want to stay a few extra days. So we’re slumming a bit and staying at the Absolute Hostel. The hostel has no curfew, breakfast and linen included. The suite has its own bathroom.. so you dont have to share with the whole floor. It’s located within city proper, 11th Arrondisemont I believe. Which is a good deal in my book eventhough the room I hear is tiny.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion